We are looking for an innovative and highly motivated Band 5 Registered Nurse - Learning Disability. The successful candidate will receive up to �120 towards their registration fee, which will be paid upon commencement. This payment will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be responsible for development and management of evidenced based patient care. As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will use a variety of assessment and treatment skills to address patients' needs.
The Community Learning Disability Team is a large multi-professional community based team supporting people with learning disabilities to maintain their lives within the community through structured multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment. Travel to different areas in the county is required and therefore being a car driver is essential
For all enquiries and further information please contact Sherry Forchione on:01296 387516 or 07825 934899About us
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the role and responsibilities for this vacancy please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification documents attached.Person SpecificationKNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCEEssential
- RNLD or Dip / BSc (Hons) in Learning Disability Nursing.
- Completion of preceptorship programme.
- Evidence of effective multi-professional team communication & team working.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Experience with medication administration.
- Working knowledge of current legislation including the Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, the Mental Health Act, the Care Act.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Committed to working with adults with Learning Disabilities.
- Able to work in close partnership with service users, relatives, carers and other agencies, both statutory and non-statutory, working across boundaries in the interests of the service user.
- Is able to practice ethically within own frame of reference
- Promotes recovery, safety and positive risk taking
- Able to recognize individual strengths and needs in service users, relatives, carers, self and team
- Is able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities for all and encourage active participation in every aspect of care and treatment
- Committed to learning and developing self at all times receptive to feedback and practices reflective practice.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Buckinghamshire Community Learning Disability Team
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust Unit 7, Anglo Office Park Lincoln Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.