An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mental Health Practitioner to join The Assertive Outreach team.
In our team, we pride ourselves in providing outstanding care to patients. We will provide you with resources to develop and progress a long-term career including flexibility, continual professional development a wide range of wellbeing and support.
The post holder will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing a service to clients experiencing mental health difficulties of a serious and enduring nature.
- To be responsible as the care co-ordinator for the assessment and co-ordination of care needs, planning and implementation of evidence based care to a defined group of service users and their careers.
- To provide professional advice and support to other agencies and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To act as a role model and resource for junior/less experienced staff.
Part time post 22.5 hours per week.
We have 0.6wte available, however we are advertising separately for each professional (CPN and Social Worker) we welcome applications from. The staff group will be determined by the successful applicant. Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide a range of mental health assessments for people who are experiencing common, acute, severe and enduring mental health conditions, including risk assessment, providing evidence based intervention. Utilising personal autonomy and working with the MDT.
Working with a range of agencies internally and externally, signposting to appropriate sources of support providing short to long-term interventions to support recovery. Provide guidance and support to the carers of patients accessing the services.
To be able to travel throughout the county as required. To supervise junior staff and students. The ability to be flexible and organised is essential.About us
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RMN or RNLD with at least 6 months recent secondary mental health experience
- Mentors Award
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Teaching/training qualification
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of principles of assessment and treatment of people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of principles of risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- Delivery of evidence based interventions in mental health
- Significant experience of working in the community
- Experience of active participation in multi-disciplinary team-working
- Working in a primary care or secondary care
- Working in collaboration with VCSE service
- Experience of Care Coordination
- Training/developing staff and / or patients
- Experience of delivering evidence based psychosocial interventions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Will be required to complete breakaway / de-escalation training
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the post
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Assertive Outreach Team
25-27a St Owens Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.