UHDB Trust is pleased to be able to offer a Level 3 apprenticeship opportunities in Finance. These are structured programmes of 18 months training and the purpose of these roles is to develop the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide an efficient and effective professional financial administrative service to support our healthcare organisation. The successful candidates will be developed to:
- Undertake general office and finance duties for the department
- Direct contact with Trust Staff and also the general public
- Develop and maintain administrative and financial support systems, which will include the use of the General Ledger, Excel and Word
- Through the completion of this apprenticeship you will gain comprehensive training in the role of a finance assistant whilst gaining valuable work experience. This will include your competency in the workplace and develop a wide range of transferable skills
Please note UHDB have Finance Departments at both Royal Derby Hospital, Uttoxeter Road, Derby, DE22 3NE and Queen's Hospital, Burton on Trent DE13 0RB therefore across site working may be required. Closing Date: 24th September 2023 Interview Date: 12th October 2023 Please be aware if you are longlisted, you will be contacted by EMA Training, between 28th September to 3rd October, to confirm your eligibility and pre-screening.Main duties of the job
The various Finance teams at UHDB provide a range of accounting services the post holder will rotate and get experience in a number of these services, gaining invaluable experience of working in a large, professional, committed and successful Finance Department. The post holder will work with colleagues in these teams who will provide on the job training, supervision and support at all times.
This is an amazing opportunity to start, change or develop your career!About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4thbusiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
You will be completing the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship programme (including the Level 3 AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Certificate.
We are looking for individuals that meet the following skills and qualities required for this role
- Have good interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Have keyboard/Word processing experience
- Be confident in the use of Microsoft software
- The ability to prioritise tasks and own workload
- Show enthusiasm for working in the health sector and in a dynamic Finance Department.
- Be punctual, friendly, motivated.
- Adaptable to the changing environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to learning
- Have a professional outlook and positive attitude
Please ensure that you tell us in your supporting information:
- Why do you want to undertake this particular apprenticeship?
- What can you offer to our organisation?
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent
- Work Experience (paid or voluntary)
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Written Skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Keyboard/Word Processing experience
- Microsoft Office software experience
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.