We have an exciting opportunity for an Older Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to work across our Older Adult Community Team and the local Brighton and Hove Care Home In-Reach team (CHIRT), at the Royal Sussex County Hospital. This post has become vacant due to the current post holder retiring and new opportunities to develop the role.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to develop your career, shape our strategy and provide excellent patient care.
Come and join Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation, help us improve the quality of life for the local communities we serve
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - email@example.com
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
You will provide medical input into the 2 teams as follows:
- 5 Programmed Activities - Community Team - Specialist Older Adults Mental Health Service (SOAMHS)
- 1 Programmed Activities - Care Home In-Reach team (CHIRT)
In the community, you will be assessing referrals and reviewing patients in various settings including outpatient clinics, care homes, patients' homes and remotely. You will also work closely with the team leads for SOAMHS and CHIRT to provide clinical leadership and management of complex cases.
You will also participate in planning and developing local Mental Health Services in line with the Trust objectives and contribute constructively to improving the standards of mental health care offered by the Trust.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in Sussex before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
The Trust has a thriving research network and has been rated 'outstanding' in caring by the CQC and 'good' in all other domains.
The Trust also has strong links with Brighton and Sussex Medical School and regularly hosts students of various disciplines.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please do take a look at the Royal College Approved Job Description and Person Specifications for full details on the main responsibilities of the role.
There is only so much we can say in an advert and Job Description, so we would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
*Please note the job description has been approved by the Royal College* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
Clinical Skills, knowledge and experienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Academic skills and lifelong learningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mill View Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.