An exciting opportunity to join the dedicated team at Grangewater Ward - Assessment Unit based within Basildon Mental Health Unit.
Grangewater Ward is a fast paced assessment environment. Patients are admitted here for initial assessment with either a discharge plan/date set or continuing treatment bed need identified. The environment offers an opportunity to work collaboratively with our MDT and gain a wealth of experience supporting patients with a wide variety of complex mental health needs.Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the clinical leadership of a team of nurses in an Acute setting.
- Responsible for the assessment implementation and evaluation of care plans for individual service users.
- Work as a key worker advising and supporting colleagues as required
- To assist the Ward Manager in setting and maintaining high standards of care and evaluating quality outcomes.
- Participate in a range of assessments provided during 24 hour period.
- To take charge of the unit in the absence of the person with continuing responsibility, this includes the role of bed manager for the unit.
- To teach and supervise the team, including qualified, non-qualified and learners.
- Maintain good standards of communication, both oral and written, in accordance with NMC guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting to the Team Manager (or nominated deputy) any circumstances that may affect the delivery of care and / or efficient running of the ward.
- Ensure all staff adhere to Trust Policies and Procedures
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Assist the Team Manager in the day to day operation of the clinical area, and the development of the team.
- Ensure that the environment is clean, pleasant and comfortable and suitable for its use at all times, taking action as appropriate to ensure high standards are maintained. Adhering to Infection Control and PEAT requirement.
- Assist in the management of human resources, by preparing duty rotas, planning annual leave, study leave, mandatory courses and monitor sickness and absence in accordance with policy. This is to ensure that the clinical area is adequately and appropriately staffed at all times in order to meet the changing demands of the service. Provide statistical information as required.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Significant experience at Band 5.
- Experience within an adult inpatient settings.
- Ability to be a role model of good practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven ability to work whilst under pressure.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Grangewater Ward - Assessment Unit
Basildon MHU, Nethermayne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.