Band 7 Nurse Hysteroscopist
We are seeking to recruit an outpatient nurse hysteroscopist to assist in cancer and benign diagnostic pathways.
The post holder will practice as an independent nurse hysteroscopist in accordance with the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists (BSGE) and will work closely with the service lead and wider gynaecology team to ensure delivery of high quality accessible care for women requiring hysteroscopic examination.Main duties of the job
To undertake hysteroscopic examinations in the outpatient setting - clinical practice duties include:
- Manage a caseload of patients according to clinical guidelines undertaking unsupervised hysteroscopic procedures and giving specialist nursing advice and support to patients.
- Ensure continuity of a high standard of evidence based nursing care.
- Provide leadership and act as an effective role model for best nursing practice and act as an expert in hysteroscopy giving clinical advice as necessary.
- Participate in the identification and development of clinical protocols and strategies to enhance both the continuity and standard of care whilst ensuring equity of access to the service.
- Actively involve service users in providing feedback of their experience of the current service and suggestions for improvements.
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
xcellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details of the post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (Pt 1/12)
- Educated to a minimum of 1st degree level
- Accredited Hysteroscopist
- PGCE in Diagnostic Hysteroscopy and Therapeutic Management Member
- ENB 998/Slice, C& G 730, or equivalent mentoring qualification
- Demonstrable experience as a Hysteroscopist
- Experienced in gynaecology nursing care
- Experience in facilitation, teaching, assessing, and coaching
- Experienced in Audit Process
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical, leadership and managerial experience
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.