At CNTW we strive to provide the BEST CARE, delivered by the BEST PEOPLE, to achieve the BEST OUTCOME.
As a Consultant, you will know what it means achieve this by leading a team. Striving for a better service leads to a better you.
The post will enable the Consultant to work across a variety of psychiatric services and specialties depending upon availability of a post and experience. The concept of this post is to create a role for a specialist in the field of psychiatry, who will rotate into vacant posts for variable periods of time as agreed with the post holder and taking into account service need.
When you work for CNTW, you will work for a Trust that has been rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC and is ranked 1st nationally in GMC trainer survey for the support provides to trainers. You will make a difference in changing people's lives. You will join a medical workforce that is passionate about providing care and receive superb training and development opportunities and excellent staff benefits. Please note, we cannot offer GMC sponsorship for this role.Main duties of the job
The post holder is expected to demonstrate a commitment to delivering excellence in clinical care, to working effectively with multi-disciplinary community teams and inpatient teams and to promoting the safety and wellbeing of the patients. The post holder is expected to respect the rights and the dignity of patients, to consider the individual and cultural needs of patients and to work with families and carers in the best interest of the patient (in line with the Trust Carers Charter).
You will have your own office space and will be supported by a medical assistant and/or medical secretary. We are looking for applicants based anywhere in the UK to explore exciting new opportunities in remote and digital working.
This is a substantive and full-time post however we would be happy to consider applicants available on a part time or fixed term basis.About usWhy us?
- Up to �8k relocation package
- 30 days study leave (every 3 years) with a generous study leave allowance
- Flexible working opportunities created with you involved in your job plan
- Remote working available as suits service needs
- Dedicated and protected SPA time
- Focus on creating a healthy workforce by investing heavily in health and wellbeing accessible support including emotional, physical, social, psychological financial and career well being
- Teaching and research opportunities available
- Stimulating CPD sessions and programs including mentoring, medical leadership, and coaching
- Teaching opportunities in our brand-new state of the art Medical Education Centre
- Employee Excellence awards
- Plus, lots more employee benefits including discounts. Find out more at thriveatcntw.co.uk
As an added bonus, the Trust is located in the Northeast of England and Cumbria which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks, ancient heritage sites and major cities supported by excellent national and international transport links. The area is predominantly rural and contains the Lake District National Park which is considered one of England's finest areas of natural beauty.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further details and main duties and responsibilities.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- MBBS (or equivalent)
- MRCPsych or equivalent qualification
- Included on GMC Specialist Register (General Psychiatry) or eligible for inclusion, or a trainee within six months of CCT
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Approved Clinician Status
- Registration with the GMC (or eligible to become registered) with a licence to practice
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field
- Has undergone training in educational supervision
- Has undergone training in appraisal
- Up to date knowledge in the field of Psychiatry
- Experience of multidisciplinary team working
- Wide clinical experience in general adult psychiatry in different clinical settings
- Experience of Clinical Audit
- Experience in multi-agency work especially with service user, carer and voluntary agencies
- Experience in service management or development
- Proven competence in diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders in Adult Psychiatry
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Established record of clinical leadership. Established ability as a clinical teacher
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Nicholas Hospital
Newcastle upon Tyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.