We are looking for an ambitious, passionate and talented individual to help make a positive impact to Hywel Dda University Health Board.
We have 1 post available at Withybush General Hospital in Haverfordwest.
Hywel Dda is one of the largest healthcare providers in Wales delivering acute, intermediate, mental health, community and primary care services for around 385,000 people living in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion.
The Workforce and Organisational Development function in Hywel Dda is at an exciting position as we have embarked on a new vision and direction based on a HR Disrupted type approach to our policy work and kinder people processes for the management of employee relations issues.Main duties of the job
As Senior Workforce Manager, you will ensure that expert knowledge and advice is provided to the services on all operational aspects of HR, including managing complex casework and medical issues, and partner with colleagues across the Workforce and Organisational Development function to identify the best people-centred solutions.
You will be credible and able to quickly gain the confidence of managers and other stakeholders to influence and challenge the achievement of people plans, including providing professional support to organisational change on a local and service level.
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional individual seeking to make a real and positive contribution to deliver first class patient care in a new era for Hywel Dda. You will be values driven and able to demonstrate a compassionate approach. A key quality will be the ability to lead, motivate and manage an experienced operational team.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (five of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 03/10/2023.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with evidence of continued professional development
- Thorough understanding of contemporary HR and OD practices including an understanding of the wider NHS Wales agenda
- Significant knowledge of employment law and its application with ability to reference case law to support advice provided
- Thorough understanding of service improvement methodology, tools and techniques
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Chartered Member CIPD or equivalent experience
- Operating at a senior level in HR with significant experience of managing and involvement in employee relations activity through to Employment Tribunal (complex HR advice including organisation change, TUPE, complex disciplinary and managing conflict resolution using a variety of techniques and methodologies)
- Working in partnership with a range of trade unions in a multidisciplinary organisation which has entailed detailed negotiation, project work and complex case management.
- Effective management of resources including staff and budgets
- Design, negotiation and delivery of HR policies and procedures
- Ability to think strategically, present, negotiate and influence effectively across a broad range of professional groups
- Demonstrate credibility through application of knowledge and ability to design, analyse and formally report on highly complex HR and OD matters in a timely manner (including competent use of various systems and IT packages to maximise impact)
- Effective communications skills demonstrated through working in a structured way to identify options and recommendations and make robust, defendable decisions
- Ability to travel in a timely manner to various sites within the Health Board
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Welsh Speaker (Level 1)
- Chartered Fellow of the CIPD
- Coaching qualification
- Project Management qualification
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Withybush General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.