Do you have a passion for Education? Are you an experienced ophthalmology nurse looking to try something new?
As a care group and as a Trust we are focussed on Educating, Developing, and Inspiring our nursing, support worker workforce and beyond. You'll need to be an enthusiastic individual with interest and experience in education, able to develop teaching skills, whilst having a positive impact on patient care and experience.
We have many exciting ideas to develop and retain our workforce within Ophthalmology and recognise that education is the cornerstone to this.Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.About us
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for someone with a passion for education with a background and sound clinical knowledge base within Ophthalmology.Person SpecificationTrust ValuesEssential
Qualifications / training requiredEssential
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
- Allied Health Professional, OT or Physiotherapist, registered general nurse or registered Mental Health Nurse.
- Evidence of on-going personal development.
- Mentorship qualification (or evidence of meeting the outcomes of the NMC or HCPC standardsEducated to or working towards Degree level.
Previous or relevant experience necessaryEssential
- Specialist qualification.
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Extensive post registration experience, including considerable experience at higher Band 5 within relevant speciality
- Recent experience of working with people with dementia and their families
- Knowledge of current issues within acute Health Service.
- Understanding of personal accountability.
- Logical and consistent work and career pattern.
- Proven management experience.
Aptitudes and skills requiredEssential
- Proven self management experience
- Proven excellent communication skills.
- Clear written communication.
- Able to prioritise and deliver agreed objectives
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Able to lead, motivate, delegate and be a good team player.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work interprofessionally.
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
University Hospital Southampton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.