Working within the NHS Talking Therapies, to provide a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) assessment and therapy.To provide advice, consultation and supervision as required to other mental health professionals.To participate in ongoing service developments within the NHS Talking Therapies service as and when possibleMain duties of the jobMain Duties and Responsibilities
To carry out the assessment, formulation and treatment planning for service users referred to the NHS Talking Therapies.To provide Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to service usersTo attend relevant meetings in relation to service user group and to give advice on referrals appropriate for CBT.To work closely with relevant other professionals as appropriate.To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner, information concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans to service users and their multidisciplinary professional teamTo undertake risk assessment and risk management of service usersAbout us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesTeaching, Supervision and Training
In common with all qualified therapists, to receive regular clinical supervision from a suitably qualified clinician and where appropriate other senior colleaguesTo develop skills in professional post-graduate teaching, training and supervision and to provide supervision to trainees from recognised university professional training courses when appropriate.To provide advice, consultation and training to staff in areas of post holders competence.To contribute to Borough and Trust wide training initiatives.Management, Recruitment, Policy and Service DevelopmentTo participate in new and innovative service developments within the NHS Talking Therapies service applying sound practice-based knowledge and theoretical frameworks.To contribute to the development, evaluation and monitoring of the operational policy, procedures and protocols for the service. Research and Service Evaluation
To contribute to the provision of data for service evaluationTo ensure that clinical interventions carried out by self and trainees/supervisees are informed by reliable and up to date research and that service users areoffered treatments with the best-proven efficacy.To disseminate recent advances in psychological knowledge/therapies enabling psychologically informed work within the wider service to be based on good practice guidelines, using sound theoretical frameworks and nationalrecommendations Information Resources
To use a computer as necessary for clinical work/training, including literature searches, presenting diagrammatic formulations, developing and maintaining training packs/presentations and information leaflets, inputting data, emailing, report writing and other tasks required for the efficient running of the service.To compile accurate statistical information as required, and to maintain records of clinical activity.To ensure the submission of clinical activity data, as required by the TrustProfessionalTo ensure that clinical notes and correspondence are maintained in accordance with Trust policies and procedures, and meet the highest standards of clinical record keeping in accordance with the professional code of practice of your core mental health professional and the BABCP.To be a member of Tameside and Glossop Psychological Therapies Service and to act within the governance framework developed by the Service and by the Trust Lead for Psychological Therapies.To observe the provision of and adhere to all Trust policies and procedures and the Health Professions Council if appropriate or other professional body.To maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant national legislation and local policies and procedures for implementation.To be familiar with and follow health and safety policy and procedures, and to be aware of individual responsibilities under legislation, drawing any areas of risk to the attention of managers.To contribute to the reduction of risk in areas of responsibility.To undertake any other duty that is appropriate to the grade, when requested by the Team or Service Managers.This job description is not exhaustive, but is intended to give an overall picture of the role. Other duties within the general scope of the post may be required from time to time. The duties of the post and job description can be reviewed through the agreed process. General Duties of all post holders
To undertake any other reasonable duty, which is appropriate to the band, when requested by Senior Staff.To be familiar with and comply with all Trust and departmental policies,procedures, protocols and guidelines.To be aware of and work towards the Trusts strategic goals.Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- IAPT High Intensity training or doctoral clinical / counselling psychology with expectation of BABCP accreditation or working towards this.
- Or, registered health professional + an IAPT recognised PGD in CBT.
- BABCP Accreditation
- Eligibility for Chartered Psychologist status with the BPS.
- Undertaken post-qualification further training in a specialised area of psychological practice e.g. CBT, IPT, CAT, DBT, solution focused therapy etc. Particularly relevant NICE recommended treatments.
- Undertake training in the supervision of trainees and other therapists.
- Assessed experience of working as a qualified psychologist / CBT therapist
- Or, experience of working as mental health specialist delivering CBT treatment
- Experience of working with patients with a wide range of presentations (delivering CBT / other psychological interventions to this group)
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment, formulation and treatment of clients
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Proven ability to communicate clearly in difficult and complex situations.
- Experience of working in different settings
- Experience of working in an IAPT Service
- Worked in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
- Experience of implementing service policies and procedures
- Demonstrates an understanding of the national IAPT service and how it links to governmental objectives
- An awareness and strong interest in issues of working with patients with long term conditions.
- Knowledge of government guidelines / best practice around delivering psychological therapy to patients with long term conditions / development of IAPT services in this area.
- Demonstrates an understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapies .
- Formal training in supervision of CBT.
- Can deliver high intensity CBT
- Able to deliver interventions to a wide range of service users
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skills in providing clinical advice to other professional and non-professional staff
- IT skills sufficient to use computers for communication, data management and writing reports
- Ability to demonstrate developing self-care skills
- Ability to deliver, measure and monitor outcomes
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- Skills in producing relevant self-help and progress monitoring tools
- Ability to cope and deal with distressing and complex information
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Able to contain and work with high levels of distress from clients.
- Ability to work within a team fostering good working relationships.
- Good organisational skills
- An ability to interact effectively with staff from all disciplines.
- Ability to self-reflect and use supervision appropriately
- Ability to use CPD to develop
- Skills in autonomous
- Professional working
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience of the PCMIS operating system
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
NHS Tameside and Glossop Talking Therapies, Pennine Care Trust HQ
225 Old Street
Ashton under Lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.