Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust is seeking a dynamic and experienced Deputy Chief Nursing Information Officer (DCNIO) / Deputy Chief Allied Health Professionals Information Officer (DCAHPIO). The role combines clinical knowledge of patient care, informatics, technology and change management to effectively address the information and knowledge needs of staff and patients to promote safe, effective, and efficient use of digital health solutions.
As the Deputy Chief Nursing Information Officer (DCNIO) / Deputy Chief Allied Health Professionals Information Officer (DCAHPIO), you will play a crucial role in driving the digital transformation of our healthcare services, ensuring the integration of digital technologies to improve patient care and outcomes. You will work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to implement and optimize digital clinical systems, championing and being a role model for the efficient and effective use of information technologies in clinical practice.Main duties of the job
Lead and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Digital Clinical Team in delivering clinical support for successful digital change, adoption and transformation in keeping with the strategic objectives of the Trust.
Establish, develop and maintain productive managerial and supervisory relationship with direct reports to ensure they have clarity about their roles, responsibilities and how to access support.
Lead and manage the Digital Clinical Team to ensure that processes are followed and that comprehensive records are maintained, thereby ensuring auditable integrity of the Trust's applications.
In conjunction with the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) and Chief Nursing Information Officer (CNIO), lead and be responsible for the clinical assurance of clinical digital applications provided by the Trusts Digital Service.
Support the department and wider Trust to make better use of limited resources and skills.
Pro-actively manage stakeholders, respond to, and resolve conflict between different stakeholders when this arises through facilitation or other appropriate mechanisms.
You will work with the Digital Benefits Lead to ensure the delivery of benefits realisation aligned with the Trust's key priorities.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forwardlooking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post. As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationKnowledge, Skills and TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse, Midwife or Allied Health Professional with current Nursing & Midwifery Council or Health Professions Council registration
- Experience of working and influencing at a senior level and leading a team or service
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills - able to communicate verbally and in writing to large groups of staff, patients and relatives, including situations of conflict and distress, ensuring that communication is tailored to the person being addressed
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Masters Level education or NHS Digital Health Academy Graduate
- Extensive knowledge of managing changes and delivering improvements to Electronic Patient Record systems for mental health, community and specialist services
- Proven, relevant and recent track record in leadership of clinical informatics
- Extensive experience in relevant senior leadership role in NHS organisation (8a or above).
- Ability to work strategically and autonomously providing a vision, transformational leadership and role modelling
- Excellent IT (MS 365) skills and able to manipulate and present complex data in an accessible way that is tailored to target audiences
- Customer orientated approach to role
- Flexibility in working patterns to meet the needs of the service
- Evidence of demonstrating the Trust's values and behaviours
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English to a standard which enables the post holder to carry out the full range of duties and responsibilities of the role effectively.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.