A fantastic and exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Deputy Manager for The Crisis Prevention House - Elysian House in Barnet, supporting the House Manager to provide clinical and operational leadership to the team. The successful candidate will report directly to the House Manager and deputise for the House Manager when they are on leave.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate clear managerial leadership to the guests and staff of the house, managing the daily affairs of the house to improve standards of care to residents and will be able to demonstrate that they can work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This post requires someone with drive, energy and a commitment to high performance standards and the delivery of excellent services. We support people who need short-term support for mental health problems, by providing a therapeutic and person centred approach to support recovery. previous candidates need not applyMain duties of the job
- Deputise for the House Manager as required.
- Provide clear managerial leadership to the guests and staff of the house, managing the daily affairs of the house to improve standards of care to residents.
- Support the House Manager in the recruitment, selection and retention of staff in the area.
- Support the House Manager to:
- Co-ordinate bed management for the house, ensuring good planning arrangements for admission and discharge of guests.
- Ensure the house is adequately and safely staffed from within the agreed establishment by adopting a flexible approach to duty patterns.
- Ensure the efficient use of staff resources to meet identified needs.
- Ensure a safe and therapeutic environment, making efforts to reduce the numbers of Guests Safety Incidents.
- Develop working practices between house staff and community teams to ensure joint working across services in the delivery of care to guests.
- Ensure systems are in place for the safekeeping of guests' property and valuables in accordance with the Trust's guests' property procedure.
- Provide monthly reports to the Service Director/Service Managers on, for example activity levels, bed occupancy, manpower and expenditure, staffing issues and any other information that is required.
- Provide appropriate information and direction, support decisions and initiate action where necessary in matters related to staff wellbeing.
Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust provides local, regional and national award-winning healthcare services. We have more than 3.300 staff working out of 20 main sites serving a population of 1.2 million people. We provide community health services and mental health services for young people, adults and older people. Our North London Forensic Service treats and cares for people in the criminal justice system who have mental health conditions. We also provide one of the largest eating disorders services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services.
We are an organisation that is passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion one that prides itself in developing the leadership capabilities of its employees, looking after their health and wellbeing, creating safe spaces for staff to speak up and providing opportunities to mentor and be mentored. Our employees are the reason for delivering Good CQC ratings, excellent outcomes and outstanding patient experiences, so it is our aim to create a happy and healthy working environment where you can thrive and succeed.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for a more detailed view of the role and its duties.Person SpecificationSkills and AbilityEssential
- Ability to gain easily the trust, confidence and respect of guests, their relatives and staff of a variety of levels and disciplines
- Recognition of own limitations, strengths and weaknesses and an ability to seek advice when necessary
- Innovative, creative and a willingness to try something new
- IT literate.
- Methodical approach to work with attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Degree level in mental health
- Candidate must have or equivalent to NMC/Social Work England/HCPC /AHP registration.
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Further training relevant to Adult Mental Health care
Desirable Personal QualitiesEssential
- At least 4 years' experience in mental health roles.
- Experience of working with client group and of using a variety of models and approaches to care
- Working knowledge of all relevant legislation associated with mental health and residents care, including MHA, Human Rights Act, National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded Nursing Care, Child Protection and NHS Long Term Plan
- Management of violence and aggression /challenging behaviour
- Ability to present ideas with clarity and in a persuasive and influential style
- Ability to negotiate and reach compromises in verbal discussions in a manner which inspires confidence and respect from others
- Ability to build and maintain high standards of professional links and communication channels with a variety of stakeholder and agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appreciation of the complexities of a management role and how to balance responsibilities.
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to produce pieces of work on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Experience of implementing changes in working practices
- Ability to organise and plan ahead effectively.
- Full commitment to managing diversity
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Crisis prevention House Barnet
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.