Staff nurse - Band 5 - Merton Community Rehabilitation Beds
Merton Intermediate Care Services provide high quality, comprehensive patient centred rehabilitation service in which individuals and their carers are enabled to live a full life in the community achieving a good quality of life, maximising their wellbeing, choices and independence whether at home or in the bed based rehabilitation unit.
We are looking for dynamic experienced Band 5 Registered General Nurses with acute or community experience to provide 24 hour nursing in a rehabilitation ethos to patients at Merton's bed based nurse led community rehabilitation unit.
You will be expected to demonstrate that you are a competent, patient focused practitioner with excellent communication skills with the ability to positively contribute to patient experience and work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
We will provide robust training to ensure you are supported and competent including core mandatory training which includes medicines management, CPR, wound care & competency assessments linking into objective setting and appraisal.
Newly Qualified nurses are welcome to apply and will receive preceptorship
For further information please speak to Chantel Philbert, Acting Matron on 02081025885Main duties of the job
To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing nursing and rehabilitation for Merton rehabilitation beds.
To undertake nursing assessments without supervision and to determine patient need/risk and plan, implement and evaluate their care
In the absence of senior colleagues take charge of the unit, manage the admission of patients, provide care and discharge planning whilst contributing to the effective working of the Rehabilitation Unit.
To work in partnership with multi-disciplinary members of the team, other professionals and agencies, to meet the health and rehabilitation needs of patients within the Rehabilitation Unit.
To maintain standards of clinical nursing care using an evidence-based approach within the unit, incorporating principles and values of clinical governance.
Ensure effective communication is maintained at all times, whilst providing support, supervision and clinical expertise to all members of the team.
To participate in the professional development and preceptorship/mentorship of clinical support workers, post basic learners and students.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide skilled, effective and evidence based to patients with a variety of presentations
- To identify, prioritise and implement programmes of care that meets the needs of the clients/patients using an appropriate nursing model.
- To liaise with, and where appropriate initiate referrals, to ensure adequate care and support to patients and carers.
- To identify and record all new problems and concerns and report back to the senior colleagues.
- To undertake activities that promote health, reduce risk and disease prevention
- To provide information and support to patients and carers to promote and optimise positive health
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- RGN / RN with current registration
- NMC registration.
- Evidence of continuing post-registration professional education and training.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
L5 Merton Inpatient beds
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.