An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our team on a secondment or fixed-term basis.
You will work as part of the Clinical Effectiveness Unit to support the delivery of the clinical audit programme and implementation of best practice guidance such as NICE, NCEPOD and GIRFT.
Tasks will include development and support for audit activities based on national and local priorities, evidencing our compliance with CQC regulations and monitoring of NICE guidance implementation.
You will support divisions to develop their clinical audit priority plans following the recommendations from audit and best practice guidance.Main duties of the job
Provide and receive complex information concerning practice development and audit to and from a range of services and clinical teams.
Report clinical audit and effectiveness information to a wide variety of clinical staff.
Provide clinical audit reports and presentations as required.
Assist in the co-ordination, facilitation and embedding of high-quality clinical audit and effectiveness programmes and working closely with the divisional based quality improvement facilitators to develop quality improvement programmes.
Assist in the development, implementation, analysis and monitoring of clinical audit based on organisational, local and national priorities.
Working with the Clinical Audit Manager/Clinical Effectiveness Manager and Clinical Effectiveness Facilitator, ensuring the annual clinical improvement and effectiveness programme is supported.
Analyse, understand and interpret national guidance and clinical audit data and recommend the best course of action.
Assist in the co-ordination, facilitation and embedding of high quality clinical audit, effectiveness and quality improvement programmes to all services.
Support work streams to ensure the Trust has sufficient evidence to meet Care Quality Commission regulations.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further details can be found on the attached job description and personal specification.
We look forward to your application.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Educated to Level 6 qualification (for example Bachelor Degree, Graduate Diplomas or Advanced Professional Diplomas) or equivalent experience
- Ability to use all MS Office applications to level 3
- Previous experience of undertaking clinical audit of quality improvement project work, including audit design, data collection and analysis, data validation, report writing and presentations
- Previous NHS experience
- Ability to extract, analyse and present data from reports
- Appropriate technical skills (use of excel including pivot tables and analytical functions, formic software, powerpoint presentations)
- Knowledge of the hospital systems, including case not tracking
- Formal clinical audit or quality improvement training
- Previous experience of being involved in the change process or QI methodologies
- Use of SPC
- Use of audit software or Survey Monkey
- Ability to explain quality improvement and clinical audit methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Clinical, medical and pharmaceutical terminology
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible and able to adapt to new challenges
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.