Main duties of the job
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of evidence-based nursing care for a group of patients
- Assist in and contribute to the management and organisation of a ward/clinical area.
- Actively contribute to setting and maintaining high standards of quality nursing
- Actively participate in the education, development and supervision of other staff
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively with others to meet the needs of patients and their
- Act as a clinical and professional role model, mentoring, assessing and supporting students and learners on placement within the clinical area.
Main duties of the job Adults Emergency Department
We are looking for Band 5 Registered Nurses to work in our Emergency department.
The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust is one of the largest trusts in England and has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the country which was opened in April 2017. The department incorporates an expanded Paediatric Emergency Department to meet the changing needs of Emergency and Urgent care in Leicestershire.
We have opportunities in our Emergency Department for Band 5 nurses for development in Emergency care, which includes an excellent education programme to provide on-going development and support. Applications are invited from experienced registered nurses. We also have the opportunities to develop triage and assessment skills as part of the Ambulatory Emergency Assessment service.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated nurses who possess excellent communication skills and enjoy a challenge.
You will join a forward thinking multi-disciplinary team dedicated to delivering high standards of care in a challenging environment. Applicants must enjoy a fast pace acute environment as well as having a keen interest in caring in these acute settings.
Rotational posts are available for you to design your own career path within the Emergency FloorAbout us
Working for your organisation
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities Delivery of effective health care within the organisation Establishing effective leadership and communication Continuing education, professional and personal development Clinical governance, reduction of risk, audit and research Management and use of resources and information Maintaining a safe environment and quality Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- RN Level 1
- Minimum of 6 months acute experience within a hospital setting
- Recognised Teaching qualification or experience
- Demonstrates satisfactory clinical expertise for the Grade applied for
- Acts as a mentor/Supervisor for learners within a ward or unit
- Evidence of ongoing professional and personal development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Displays motivation and ideas of own future career pathway
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.