The UHN Chief Finance Officer is a voting Board member of Kettering General Hospital and Northampton General Hospital and provides executive leadership to the Finance function in both Trusts, supported by Operational Directors of Finance in each organisation. The CFO will have particular responsibility for setting our overall financial tone, having influence over how resources are deployed and for establishing a culture that focuses on patient safety and colleague experience, encouraging innovation whilst recognising the overriding requirement to use public money wisely.
As an Executive Director of both KGH and NGH, the Chief Finance Officer will provide strategic advice to the Chief Executive, the Hospital Chief Executives of both Trusts and the Boards of Directors on all aspects of financial management, commercial strategy, procurement and contracting. The CFO's primary responsibility is to ensure the Trusts achieve their financial targets and statutory financial duties, to develop performance reporting arrangements and advise the Boards on countering financial risk.Main duties of the job
Working closely with executive directors, senior clinical and operational leaders, as well as representing the Trust with partner organisations and stakeholders, the CFO will play a critical role in shaping our long-term vision and financial strategies and ensuring the achievement of our objectives and continuous performance improvement.
The CFO will ensure frameworks are in place for effective working across the Northamptonshire Integrated Care System and the wider South East Midlands Acute Collaborative, building positive collaborative working relationships whilst representing the interests of both Trusts. The UHN CFO will work collaboratively with their counterpart at UHL.
For a comprehensive breakdown of the main duties of the role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached. About us
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey. Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employerforour people. We have entered into a Group Model with neighbouring Northampton General Hospital and have become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire. Our Excellence Values:CompassionRespectIntegrityCourageousAccountableJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For more details and information on this role and the main duties and responsibilites, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level with current membership of a recognised professional accountancy body with an unblemished record
- Evidence of continued professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience of operating at Board level as a Director of Finance/CFO ideally within a regulated environment.
- Proven track record as a financial improvement leader in a large-scale, complex/evolving organisation.
- A high level of relevant professional, technical skills, including knowledge and experience of financial risk management and of value-based investment appraisal and knowledge of estates, procurement, and support services would be beneficia
- Strategic thought leader bringing analytical rigour coupled with pragmatic problem solving in addressing complex financial and operational situations
- High capacity to drive innovative approaches that can be implemented in the NHS
- An understanding of the UK political environment as it affects the NHS
- Champion and natural leader of a large and widely distributed finance professional community
- First in class leadership skills from a breadth of disciplines a visionary i.e. being absolutely clear in what they want to achieve a strategic thinker.
- Highly developed negotiation and political skills and awareness and significant experience of operating at Board level in a politically sensitive environment or organisation.
- Natural communicator and leader of change, comfortable in the media spotlight.
- Proven experience at a senior leadership level in delivering strategic transformational change. Ability to demonstrate, at a senior level, a range of leadership styles, influencing skills, sound judgement and flexibility to secure results.
- A role model, demonstrating a high level of integrity and the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- An inclusive leader who values diversity and difference and operates with integrity and openness
- Clear integrity and a commitment to maintaining the highest personal and professional standards, appropriate to the responsibilities attached to holding a senior position within a public body.
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.