Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate as we are about high quality care.
The successful candidate will need the ability to work autonomously within the context of a multi-disciplinary team approach and undertake specific work with young people and their families. To provide overall clinical supervision within the mental health support team supervision framework. Undertake appropriate mental health assessment of children and young people referred to service and provide a range of appropriate, evidence based clinical interventions informed by assessed individual need.
You will strive to achieve the best for every young person, show commitment to delivering evidence based practice and have the capability of making clinical decisions around complex and emotive issues, supported by knowledge of relevant legislation and safeguarding in relation to the client group. You will monitor and evaluate treatment offered to service users adhering to professional and Trust guidelines and using routine outcome measures related to service development and reporting. You must be an excellent communicator, be flexible, self motivated and have a willingness to build links with colleagues across team and agencies.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide support, advice and consultation to families/carers and other professionals involved in the life of the child/young person. This post holder will supervise the MHST as appropriate and provide managerial and clinical supervision as appropriate.
This post holder will work in partnership with the Operational Managers across the Pennine Care footprint and other Operational Leads and will further develop the partnership working that is currently taking place between education, the local authority and GM ICB.About usWe are proud to be the most improved mental health and learning disability trust to work for and the best in the north west (NHS staff survey 2022).
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our #PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Provide oversight and guidance within MHST referral /consultation meeting to enable MHST appropriate assessments of children and young people referred to
- Develop, implement and review a range of evidence-based treatment plans informed by clinical assessment and the specific needs of the individual within their wider social context
- Exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of children/young people in the context of appropriate service
- Provide specialist advice, guidance, consultation and training to other professional groups, education staff and parents.
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual children and young people and to provide advice to external agencies regarding appropriate risk
- Act as care coordinator, where appropriate, taking responsibility for initiating planning and review of care plans
- Effectively communicate with schools, VCSE, families and other professionals involved in the life of the child/young
- Actively record all clinical
- Participate in the MDT as appropriate and at the direction of senior clinicians within the team/service.
- Qualified, BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Supervision qualification
- Willingness to complete the post graduate certificate in supervisory skills.
- Core profession (Social Care, Mental Health Nursing or Learning Disability Nursing), Occupational Therapist or Social worker plus further short courses and experience to post graduate diploma level
- Qualified systemic family therapist.
- Qualified Clinical Psychologist
- Experience of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions with children and young people with mental health problems and their families.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of child mental health problems, across the whole age range, reflecting all levels of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems and verbal and physical abuse.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of the application of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions of in different cultural contexts.
- Experience of working in MHST
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.