Are you ready for a new challenge?
Could you make a difference?
A Registered General Nurse
Committed to giving the highest standard of patient care
Compassionate towards patients and their families
An excellent communicator with the ability to work in a team
Motivated toward personal development
A full UK driving license holder with access to a car
An exciting opportunity has come up for the Adult Community Nursing Service. We are currently looking for Band 5 Community Nurses to work across the Hounslow and Richmond areas. The service operates from 7 am until 7 pm across Hounslow and Richmond boroughs.
Collaboratively working with our integrated rapid response teams, community matrons and social service colleagues are essential to ensure seamless care to our patient group.
Get your career in the right direction, with the right organisation and at the right time - please come to HRCH and be part of this organisation.Main duties of the job
To provide high quality, skilled nursing care and to assist the Community Nursing Team Manager in the on-going planning, implementation, and evaluation of the holistic needs of the patient/client, family, and/or carer.
Deliver high quality nursing care to housebound patients with complex needs to enable them to remain in their own homes. Working closely with specialist nurses, allied health and social care professionals to meet the needs of the patients without unnecessary attendance in A& E or be admitted to hospital.
This will involve working independently but as part of the Community Nursing Team covering a particular geographical area. This will include first assessments and reviews, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of individual programmes of care. Candidate will be expected to be flexible to support corporate approach to patient care as and when required.About us
At HRCH, we only want to provide the type of outstanding care that we would recommend to our family and friends. We provide community healthcare and urgent treatment services for over 515,000 people living across the London boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond-Upon-Thames.
In the latest NHS Staff Survey results for community trusts, we had the highest percentage of staff in the country who felt their role made a difference to patients. We also had top scores for satisfaction with the quality of care staff can deliver.
We are the top community trust in the country for Staff engagement, Quality of care and Quality of appraisals, according to the theme results in the 2019 staff survey.
In 2018 we were named 'Best Place to Work for Employee Satisfaction' by the Nursing Times and won the HSJ Workforce Award.
Our job is all about people and we believe that staff who feel valued and supported deliver better outcomes for our patients, so we invest in our people and their ideas.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
***Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in the job description and person specification***Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Level 1 Registered Nurse- with valid registration with the NMC - RN1 ,RNA
- Experience or recognised qualification in areas such as: ?Health Promotion ?Diabetes ?Care of the older person ?Continence ?Palliative care Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Recent experience of Nursing at Level 5, or evidence of a back to nursing programme
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in the community setting
- One years worked post registration experience in a relevant setting, e.g. palliative care, care of the older person, orthopaedics, community services
- Ability to undertake a shift system
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Good communication skills effective with clients and colleagues
- Clinical skills - Administration of medications including injections, catheterisation, wound dressings
- Computer Literacy and keyboard skills
- Access to a motor vehicle for use at work and UK driving licence
- Demonstrates high standard of Infection prevention and control
- Ability to converse articulately on current health issues, demonstrate knowledge in: ?Able to explain the concepts of Essence of Care ?Able to explain the concepts of Team Working ?Able to demonstrate knowledge of professional standards including confidentiality and clinical governance ?Understanding of Adult Safeguarding ?Evidence of Continuing Professional Development ?Demonstrates evidence -based clinical knowledge ?Able to demonstrate knowledge of health and safety and personal safety issues
- Knowledge of National Service Framework for Older People & other NSF's
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary Team
- Reliable, empathetic, approachable, understanding, non-judgemental and tolerant
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Richmond and Hounslow
Richmond and Hounslow
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.