An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sister/Charge Nurse, in the Surgical Outpatients Department at the Northern General Hospital within Surgical Services.
Great Senior Sisters and Charge Nurses have a strong sense of ownership of their department and love to be in charge. They're honest and straightforward and they have high standards. They thrive on the busy nature of the role, they love being on top of things, they have a lot of drive and they keep going when things are tough.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to be part of a friendly, dynamic, multidisciplinary team, in the role of Senior Sister/Charge Nurse. The successful applicant will be supported to use their own initiative working with the key stakeholders to develop and manage this busy and fast paced Surgical Outpatients department.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and have experience in managing staff within a clinical environment. Applicants should be self-motivated, dynamic and forward thinking and be able to lead and develop the nursing team. They will have a track record of implementing change and be a highly skilled communicator with the ability to use effective verbal, written and IT skills to ensure patients receive timely, evidence based care and a positive patient experience.Main duties of the job
- The post holder will provide leadership and management for the Surgical Outpatients Department
- Provide 24 hours continuing responsibility for the department
- Ensure that the highest possible quality of care is delivered meeting the expectations of individual patients and maintaining patient safety.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- RGN Level one
- NMC registered
- Recognised teaching and assessing qualification and evidence of teaching ability or equivalent experience/ qualifications
- Continuous professional development
- First degree or evidence of working towards one (demonstrating graduate attributes)
- Extensive post registration experience In an acute NHS setting.
- Relevant experience at junior sister/ charge nurse level.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a professional team
- Specialist training relevant to working in an acute surgical setting.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience deputising for Senior Sister / Charge Nurse
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of relevant post basic training and continuous professional development
- Ability to communicate effectively including active listening, writing, and verbally, with individuals on a one-to-one basis, with groups, and the Multidisciplinary Team
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.