An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding HR senior leader to join our workforce senior management team at the Trust as our new Head of Employee Resources. This is an exciting role is for an ambitious HR leader wanting to develop the experience to progress to Deputy Director level.
The role will focus on employee resourcing and operation challenges by providing expertise in addressing recruitment and temporary staffing issues. There will be a focus on being more evidence based and analytical in our approach so that the impact of recruitment and employee resourcing activities are measured and data is used to plan recruitment campaigns several months in advance.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering improvements in recruitment and or transactional processes, will have sound operational HR experience, will have a methodical and analytical approach and will be good at building effective working relationships with our resourcing teams and the services that we support. Previous experience of providing leadership to workforce operational teams is helpful but not essential.Main duties of the job
The Head of Employee Resources will be responsible for managing the recruitment and temporary staffing teams, will be the main point of contact for associated third party contract renewals and will play a leading role in the implementation of workforce transformational projects.
The role will provide senior workforce partnering support for our corporate services division, will be expected to lead a domain of the workforce strategy and will also take a lead role in strategic workforce projects aimed at supporting the workforce team in delivering key objectives.About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regards to role and responsibilities please see attached Candidate Pack.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this role, please contact Nathan Christie-Plummer on the information below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oMasters level education in Human Resources or relevant workforce and/ or equivalent experience.
- oEvidence of leadership development and proven ability to perform at senior level
- oCommitted to continuous professional development.
- oCoaching qualification or training
- oEvidence of leadership development
- oExperience as a HR professional working at a senior level in a complex health or social care organisation
- oEvidence of developing and implementing initiatives that improve workforce performance or KPIs
- oExperience of leading a workforce team in a complex organisation
- oExperience of developing and applying HR strategies, employment law and policies at senior level
- oEvidence of successful implementing change
- oExperience of creating, developing and delivering HR interventions.
- oExperience of managing and implementing projects on timely basis
- oExperience of people management
- oExperience of persuading, influencing and motivating others to achieve agreed goals
- Budget management experience
- oCurrent knowledge of employment legislation and good HR practice
- oEvidence of equality, diversity and inclusion being integrated into HR practice
- oKnowledge and expertise across a number of subject areas including human resources, OD, finance, performance
- oAble to influence, negotiate and persuade regarding complex or sensitive issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- oExcellent interpersonal skills
- oHighly computer literate & proficient with HR information systems
- Track record of meeting competing priorities and delivering under pressure
- oAnalytical & evidence approach to designing workforce initiatives
- oAbility to effectively provide and receive complex information in easy to understand format
West London NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.