Foundation/Senior Staff Nurse - Band 5 - multiple vacancies Locations: Oxford, Banbury, Oxfordshire
We would like to welcome you to join our team and be part of our world-renowned teaching hospital and centre of clinical excellence!
Our nursing teams are supported by an excellent framework of practice development, offering ongoing professional development where our nurses are empowered and instilled with a strong sense of professional pride, ensuring that we deliver the highest calibre of care to our patients!
Joining our team provides an opportunity for you to grow your career. Whether you are starting as a newly qualified or an experienced registered nurse, we have a variety of specialty areas for you to choose from, and career pathways tailored to you so you can achieve your ambitions and fulfil your potential.
We are RECRUITING for Foundation and Senior Staff Nurses across the whole Trust with key areas of focus for this month being:
Please note that applicants must hold full NMC registration
- Emergency Department & Emergency Assessment Unit (HGH)
- Endoscopy (HGH)
- Bone infection Unit (NOC)
- Blenheim Head and Neck
If you are a candidate applying from outside the UK, please be advised that we work in partnership with Envertiz who will be managingyour recruitment therefore by applying you are consenting to us passing your contact details and application to Envertiz so they can manage your recruitment and on-boarding. If you do not consent to this, please do not apply.Main duties of the job
Whether you want to work in one of our fast-paced surgical wards, our leading cancer centre, our neurology and neurosurgery departments, excellent heart centre or refurbished and expanded emergency department, play a part in our regional major trauma centre orjoin one of our specialist medical departments, we have a vast array of options to develop and grow you as a nurse.
We have sites in Oxford and Banbury and satellite sites across the Thames Valley region for you to choose from.
Start the conversation with us today about our opportunities - and continue your nursing journey by contacting one of our specialist leads to explore the many career options we have to offer you, or apply directly via the link below. Please note that applicants must hold full NMC registration or are a graduate due to complete their Nursing degree this summer. Please ensure you include in your supporting statement why you have chosen OUH/Oxford, and the three top areas where you would like to work.
DG55LCAbout usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more herewww.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - theJohn Radcliffe Hospital
andNuffield Orthopaedic Centre
in Headington and theHorton General Hospital
in Banbury.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Demonstrate and promote a patient and family centred style of clinical practice.- Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to discharge.- Accurately document and report to other members of the nursing team, multi-disciplinary team and family/carers regarding the care given to patients, and communicating changes as they occur.- Respond to emergency situations with composure, maintaining patient safety and seeking immediate support, and supporting the patient, family/carers and other staff as required- Identify and discuss patient needs with the team/staff, patients, carers and the multidisciplinary team. Be able to plan own workload.- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to effectively execute planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised plans of care based on a person centred model of care.- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.- Maintain patient dignity and confidentiality at all times.
For further details / informal visits contact:Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC registered / Due to complete course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous Nursing experience
Oxford University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.