Based at Central Middlesex Hospital in Brent, the elective orthopaedic centre will see over 4,000 Londoners a year for routine bone and joint surgery when it opens in November 2023.
The North West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre is an exciting collaboration between the four acute healthcare providers in north west London.
The north west London acute provider collaborative is made of up of TeamLNWH, Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust, Imperial Collage Healthcare NHS Trust, and The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
We're looking for a permanent, highly skilled, specialist team of healthcare professionals to care for our patients in theatres and in recoveryMain duties of the job
We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, enthusiastic Registered Adult Nurse/ODP who has extensive post registration experience in elective orthopaedic
Daily leading a team of Scrub Practitioners to facilitate the smooth running of elective orthopaedic lists, ensuring the day-to-day operation reflects the highest standard of governance, clinical effectiveness, and standards of care.
You will be an experienced Scrub Orthopaedic Theatre Practitioner, who will use your knowledge and experience to guide and support your team members whilst actively being involved in the delivery of patient care.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the publicJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for organizing and delivering theatre care in the peri-operative setting.
- To act as a scrub team leader, organising and overseeing smooth running lists
- Be responsible for an identified group of staff, developing, training, monitoring, and documenting the development of their clinical skills
- To establish, lead and maintain high standard of pre/peri and postoperative care
- To contribute positively towards the delivery of a cost-effective service, adjusting staffing levels to meet demand and assisting the clinical co-ordinators to keep within agreed resources
The service will be working six days per week and to meet the needs of the Trusts services, you may be required from time to time to work at different locations to your normal place of work.
Required to participate in CMH on call rota
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationEucation and QualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse or registered ODP
- Teaching and Supervision qualification
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- L6 or above academic level
- Management training
- Extensive experience in theatre scrub and team lead in orthopaedic theatre
- Evidence of continuous Professional Development
- Teaching and assessment experience
Skill and AbilityEssential
- Knowledge of current issues in operating theatre
- Knowledge of people management
- Ability to organise day to day theatre activities
- Abilty to Lead and delegate appropriately in Theatre
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal communication skill
Value and AttributeEssential
- Appraisal skill
- Competent IT skill
- Demonstrate HEART value and compression in practice
- Positively influence others in your daily activities and communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to service development request
- Critical analysis and reflect on own practice to seek improvement
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Central Middlesex Hospital
Park Royal, London
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.