Are you a Midwife looking for an exciting change? Are you keen to make a difference to the families accessing our care? Are you looking to work in a supportive Community team? Are you looking for access to training, development and other learning opportunities?
We want YOU to be here, shaping our vision for an outstanding service that gives women, families, our community and our midwives an extraordinary experience.
The Royal London Hospital is part of Barts Health NHS Trust, which has a worldwide reputation for innovation in the care of expectant mothers and their families. As the largest trust in the UK we provide care for families from very diverse backgrounds.
We value your experience working alongside us and acknowledge that fulfilled midwives put women at the centre of their work. We want midwives to be part of the woman's family, to develop a mutually respectful and satisfying relationship.Main duties of the job
You will join a warm, supportive team of midwives who truly care about women's experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood. As a Community Midwifery Team, we not only provide Antenatal and Postnatal care in the Community but also provide support through on calls, to support the established Homebirth Service. We welcome and encourage flexible working in the team. As part of the Integrated Community Team, you will also have rostered shifts on our Alongside Birth Centre.
We are committed in supporting you. We understand and value that each of our midwives are individuals. With individual needs, motivation and aspiration. By working in our Community Midwifery Team, you will be supported by your Team Leader and Matron. Alongside this, you will also have support from our Professional Midwifery Advocates, through Restorative Clinical Supervision, group and 1:1 sessions. You will also have access and support through our well established Employee Wellbeing Service, training, development and other learning opportunities that you may choose to access as part of your personal development.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of a comprehensive midwifery care in primary health care and home settings in conjunction with other relevant teams.
- The post holder may be required to be deployed outside of their normal work setting, depending on clinical risk management and service need such as Labour ward.
- Able to promote continuity of carer, work autonomously within guidelines and spheres of professional practice.
- The post holder will provide support to other midwives within the service and may be designated to take a management responsibility for the midwifery practice or team in the absence of the Band 7 Midwife team Lead.
- Able to support newly qualified midwives, students and other staff.
- To develop and encourage evidence-based practice.
- To provide personalized care and support to all women accessing our services within the community for antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care. The post hoder, is expected to be able to facilitate evidenced based informed choice, as well as respect for their decision at every stage of the pregnancy journey regardless of medical needs or otherwise.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Midwife
- Mentorship or practice assessor qualification
- BSC or working towards
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Royal London Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.