Are you an experienced construction project manager looking to build your career and make a real difference to your community?
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) is one of the UK's largest teaching hospitals and provides healthcare services to 3.7million people in central southern England. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our Award Winning Capital Development team to help shape the future of our built environment.
You will join a diverse team of project professionals who work flexibly to manage innovative capital schemes from inception to completion. Projects include both refurbishment of existing estate and new developments with recent capital schemes including a five-storey vertical extension to house theatres, intensive care and diagnostics and a new multi-storey car park.
You will lead the delivery on multiple projects which will range from �50k to �5m in value, managing contractors to ensure successful delivery of design, procurement, planning and construction of schemes to UK CDM regulations.
If you have the experience and enthusiasm to deliver schemes to support the growth of our Estate we would love to hear from you. If you need further information ahead of submitting your application our Associate Director will be happy to talk to you.Main duties of the jobYOUR MAIN DUTIES
You can read an overview of the main duties of the role in the section below: Job Description and Main Responsibilities.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents attached.About usWHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
At UHS we are committed to providing a flexible working environment. We believe that it benefits everyone if we achieve a positive work-life balance. Whether you are balancing family, study or your wellbeing with your career, we want to support you so you can help our patients.
We're proud to have been voted in the Top Five acute Trusts for our commitment to supporting our staff to achieve work-life balance.
UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme and life insurance.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesYOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHAT YOULL DO
You will manage a range of capital schemes ranging in value from �50k to �5m from initiation, design and planning through construction to completion and handover. You will ensure project plans are created and maintained, and monitor and report against time, budget and quality standards.
You will be responsible for the management of project personnel, consultants and contractors to ensure the progress, quality and compliance of works, ensuring that any issues are identified and addressed promptly. As projects develop you will identify, manage and mitigate risks through collaboration with a variety of stakeholders.
Your communication and leadership skills will enable you to lead collaboration between the clinical teams and contractors to ensure hospital operational activities are fully considered and reasonable steps are taken to minimise or manage disruption. WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
You will hold a building related or engineering degree and be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience in architecture, surveying, building engineering or construction management, including all stages of construction projects and project management.
You will be an enthusiastic and energetic project manager with excellent communication skills and leadership skills and the ability to quickly form relationships to understand operational requirements and effectively negotiate with and influence a range of stakeholders.
Your experience will include the management of complex capital schemes with effective management of delegated budgets and works and fee contracts tested by competitive tender. You will have an excellent understanding of Construction Design & Management 2015 (CDM 2015) regulations and Duty Holder responsibilities for the role of the Client, Principal Designer and Principal Contractor.Person SpecificationQualifications / training requiredEssential
- Specialist works and building knowledge to Degree level
- Qualified as Architect/Chartered Surveyor/Structural Engineer/ Civil Engineer/Quantity Surveyor to Masters level or equivalent
- Evidence of further structured study as a Project Manager
- Trained in specifics such as H& S/CDM, design and project management.
- Membership of APM or equivalent
Previous or relevant experience necessaryEssential
- Membership of RIBA/RICS/ICE/or equal.
- Demonstration of a broad range of awareness and training courses in the building and construction fields.
- Substantial demonstrable experience in architecture, building or construction management, including all stages of construction projects and project management.
- Management of delegated budgets and works and fee contracts tested by competitive tender.
- To have managed consultant and construction contracts from design to completion
- Experience of engaging with in-house engineering or facilities functions plus Statutory Authorities and Dept of Health.
Aptitudes and skills requiredEssential
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
- Current awareness of statutory requirements, standards & regulations.
- Clear verbal, and written communication skills in leadership, management, and technical matters and reports. Proficient user of E-mail, word processing, spreadsheets
- Pragmatic but maintaining attention to detail across all duties.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstration of Continuing Professional Development in chosen field.
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
Southampton General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.