This is a really exciting time to join us in Cancer Services at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust. Based on feedback from the people who work with us and the people we care for, in 2023 we will be launching our new Cancer Strategy. A supported, diverse and clinically enabled workforce will be central to our main objectives. We have therefore created several new roles and are remodelling how we provide nursing support to the delivery of high quality, person-centred care. We are investing in our people and we value strong front-line clinical leadership. As an organisation our CARE values are at the heart of everything we do, and in cancer services it is vital you are compassionate, committed to high quality care and have the skills and abilities to contribute to generating and delivering the latest in evidence based practice.
The unit treats a range of patients as day cases offering chemotherapy and supportive treatments, to patients with oncology and haematology malignancies and non-malignant haematological conditions. This is an excellent opportunity to join the teamwhere the successful candidate can develop the skills and knowledge in cancer care, full support will be given to undertake the Chemotherapy Module.
You will be required to work across site with CNS's and Multi-disciplinary team members within the Cancer Care and Haematology units.Main duties of the job
Assist in the planning, assessing and evaluation of the problems and needs of individual patients and their families, undergoing cytotoxic chemotherapy treatment.Be able to carry out venepuncture, cannulation and administer chemotherapy treatment as prescribed, after appropriate training has been given and competency established as required.Be aware of the common treatment regimens and side effects, adopting a problem solving approach in managing the potential complications of chemotherapy treatment.Ensure all relevant investigations are carried out prior to administration ofchemotherapy treatment and to complete all relevant documentation. Co-ordinate patients' treatment as a result of pre-treatment investigations.
Perform the checking of intrathecal chemotherapy following training.In conjunction with the nursing team initiate research projects and improvements in nursing care and service delivery.Undertake venepuncture within the clinic, laboratory and other wards and departments as required.Perform therapeutic venesection and provide general care and supervision of these patients.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Care of patient receiving Cytotoxic Chemotherapy or willingness to undertake
- Post reg oncology qualification
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Intrathecal Chemotherapy checking training
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Chemotherapy experience
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCESEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills and ability to use NHS Trust IT Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Department Policy
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.