We are pleased to announce exciting new opportunities to join or dedicated midwifery team at Basildon Hospital.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest Trusts in the country. As a fully established, merged trust we are extremely proud of the maternity services across MSE. Our sites include Southend, Basildon and Broomfield Hospital with two Freestanding Midwifery Units.
Providing high quality patient care, a positive experience for both Women and their families and being an excellent, compassionate and respectful workforce is at the centre of our service.
Our maternity units are both modern and well equipped which helps contribute to development and progression of our midwives. Facts/Achievements
- One of the largest Trust's in the country serving a population of 1.2 million people.
- Our Maternity units have around 12,000 births a year
- Won the Management Award 2019 for our preceptorship programme at the London Maternity and Midwifery Festival
- A number of midwives at MSE were awarded the CMO silver Award, which is the equivalent of a midwifery OBE
- A supportive Occupational Health and Wellbeing Team to support all staff across MSE.
You could help shape the future of our midwives here at Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a number of compassionate qualified Band 6 midwives to work in our maternity departments at Basildon Hospital. The post holder will be required to work in all areas of the service which include obstetric theatre and the community across all three sites if necessary.
You will be working in collaboration with other multidisciplinary professionals enhancing and promoting the health and wellbeing of mothers and neonates in line with local and national standards relating to maternity care and referrals as appropriate.
Band 6 Midwives will be required to assess, plan and deliver total midwifery care in various settings within our Antenatal, Intrapartum and Postnatal services. This also includes our community services.
We are also working towards a Continuity of Care model where midwives will provide complete care in teams of 6-8 midwives.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of this rewarding role please see attached JD, but if successful responsibilities will include:
Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
- To enable woman to remain the focus of care and as her advocate to encourage her to participate in her care plans based on good communication and evidence based information.
- Creating care plans based on good communication and evidence based information.
- Assessing, planning and delivering total midwifery care for a caseload of women within the community, prioritising workload and management of time.
- Working collaboratively with the team to deliver care based on the needs of women to maintain continuity.
- Identifying, planning and implementing care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team in relation to families with complex psycho-social needs e.g., domestic violence, and child protection
- Evidence of professional development
- Experience in working in all aspects of clinical midwifery
- Currently practicing as a Midwife
- Clear understanding of current national directives
- Knowledge of current Midwifery Agendas
- Demonstration of resillance, enthusiasm, and professionalism in personal statement
- Motivation to pursue personal development, demonstrated in personal statement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own transport
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.