CAMHS Inpatient Staff Nurses make a difference every day to the lives of the young people they care for. We are proud of our Staff Nurses, who provide increasingly complex care for patients and support for family members to encourage patient's to receive the care they need within our inpatient units.
We are looking for Registered Mental Health Nurses or Registered Learning Disability Nurses with a passion for high quality care to work within our CAMHS Inpatient Unit. Our current inpatient units are The Sett & The Burrows. The Sett and The Burrows are highly specialised Mental Health Hospital wards offering assessment, treatment and management for young people between the ages of 13-18 years. This is a unique opportunity to complete the new CAMHS Development Programme, over 12-18 months with progression to B6 Post on completion. You will have an allocated Practice Development Practitioner to support you with completing your competency package. You will be based on your Core site (CAMHS inpatients) 3 days per week and you will be out on placement across CAMHS Services on a 2 day rotation.Main duties of the jobRewards and Benefits
- A welcome award of �5000 pro rata is offered for this post, �2000 within your first salary! A further �2,000 after completing 12 months service followed by �1,000 after completing 18 months.
- Excellent learning and development to support you and develop your Nursing Career.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Free parking on Trust Sites
- Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to training and developing its staff not only with clinical skills but also in leadership and managerial skills.
- You'll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as generous annual leave plus bank holidays.
As a CAMHS Inpatient Staff Nurse, in a developmental role, you will
- Develop and maintaining therapeutic relationships with patients within appropriate professional boundaries
- Supporting young people with therapeutic/treatment programs
- Be professionally accountable for the delivery of care
- Utilise technology to enable you to update records
- You will have an allocated Clinical Practice Practitioner to support you to complete the competency package.
- You will have access to highly specialist placement areas to get an understanding of the wider specialist CAMHS and LD Services we offer in NHFT .
Your patients will be young people aged between 13 to 18 years with significant mental health difficulties that have resulted in an admission to hospital.About us
The service is part of the Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, therefore working at either The Sett or The Burrows, you will provide assessment & short term treatment for adolescents with a wide range of complex and challenging mental health problems that cannot be managed at home because of their complexity, risk and interference with social and normal development. Must have skills
You will need to be adaptable and resourceful. You'll need to be well organised, confident and able to cope in diverse situations to deliver patient care. Leadership and management skills are also important, as with all nursing roles, communication skills,problem solving and good judgement are crucial.
You will be part of caring team and be able to work flexibly with minimum supervision, with the ability to prioritise work based on the patient need.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONS AND TRAININGEssential Desirable
- Pin pending if not already qualified
- Student mentorship qualification
- good communication skills evidenced in the application
- able to work collaboratively within a team structure
- must be able to undertake breakaway and low level interventions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- evidence in application of positive attitude to mental health
- evidenced in application that they are self motivated and can work under pressure
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.