We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the Durham and Darlington Neurodevelopmental Pathway and take part in assessment for neurodevelopmental disorders in children and young people age 0-19. This is a new service and the individual would be joining at an exciting time of transformation.Main duties of the job
The successful candidates would be expected to work alongside other members of the multi-disciplinary team as well as liaise with external agencies such as education and local authority. The candidate will be completing clinical observations, coordinating information and participating in diagnostic decision-making as part of the MDT.
The post holders will receive regular supportive supervision and training opportunities.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will carry out observational assessments of children and young people in a variety of contexts such as clinic, home and school. The observations will be fed back to the wider MDT and inform the decision around diagnosis of autism and/or ADHD.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying
Additional contact details:Sam Jose - Clinical Nurse Specialist firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Post graduate qualification in relevant area a (within agreed timescale)
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Depending on work area, recognised sign-off mentor (or equivalent) or must be achieved within agreed timescale
- CAMHS degree
- Leadership or management qualification.
- Certificate in teaching & assessing in clinical practice as appropriate to own profession
- Recognised qualification in a specific model of therapy e.g. family therapy, CBT etc
- Recognised training in Facilitation of Parenting Groups
- Provide clinical supervision
- Working within a MDT
- Working with families and young people
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of ASD and assessments
- Undersatnding of safeguarding and its application in practice
- Demonstrate knowledge to a post graduate level in caring for families and young people
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stanley Primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.