Responsible for the efficient management of delegated Estates operations and Building Maintenance at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital and other managed premises.Assist and advise the Estates Manager on all aspects of the operation and maintenance of Birmingham Heartlands Hospital and other managed premisesManagement of the Building Maintenance Department (including staff and contractors) within budget and quality parameters identified by the Trust.Management of the Gardening Function within budget and quality parameters identified by the TrustLiaises with Estates Engineering Staff and appropriate Service Managers on all associated matters which affect the day to day running of the hospital.Main duties of the job
1. Assist and advise the Estates Manager on all aspects of the operations and maintenance of Solihull Hospital and other managed premises.
2. To review, agree and implement service objectives with the Estates Manager.
3. To operate within delegated budgets.
4. Ensuring that the efficient and effective maintenance and operation of building equipment and services.
5. Develop and maintain a planned preventative maintenance system to an agreed programme for the Building Section.
6. Provide effective leadership and motivation to all managed staff.
7. Develop systems to ensure effective communication with the 'customer' at all levels within the Trust and outside and to promote the image and reputation of the Directorate.
8. Develop and maintain effective systems/procedures to establish financial control over delegated budgets/schemes, ensuring compliance with all Trust Standing Orders/Standing Financial Instructions and the Trust expectations of ongoing/year end performance.
9. To formulate and implement policies and procedures.
10. Production of scheme drawing/scheme detail, scheme contract documents, specification, schedules of works. Leading to securing fixed price competitive tender returns, project management of schemes to ensure compliance with the specification and that the project remains within budget.
11. Formulate Pre-tender estimates/budget costing.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * Basic education to CGSE/'O' Level in Maths and English or post-Secondary Education training in a relevant field.
- * City & Guilds of London Institute Certificate in a relevant Building or Construction discipline.
- * An equivalent qualification such as NVQ Level 3 in a relevant Building trade or Building Construction Services discipline.
- * BTEC/HNC in Building or Construction Services.
- * Additional relevant Competencies (D)
- * NHS experience and working knowledge of Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments, Legal asbestos requirements, planning building control and CDM requirements.
- * Good leadership, fault diagnosis, keyboard and communication skills.
- * Ability to work without supervision and confident to take decisions based on own ability.
- * Adaptable to change.
- * Capable working to deadlines.
- * Ability to action building drawings, advise on specifications in line with HTM / HBN / local statutory requirements and Tender Documents to complete projects within budget and programme.
- * Working knowledge of ISO 9001 & 14001
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook (D)
- * Application form & interview
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.