The Project Manager is required to support the Transformation Programme Manager in the delivery of several workstreams.The post-holder will utilise a range of skills including project management and project oversight, report writing, production of business documents, project management and planning skills to support the development and delivery of identified objectives within the programme of work. This role will include leading on specific work streams and will require the use of developed communication, judgement, planning and riskassessment skills.The post-holder will be required to support a variety of organisational activity, produce clear and concise written materials and communicate articulately to staff at a variety of levels demonstrating personal integrity, leadership and vision.The post-holder will be equipped with the skills to co-ordinate complex activities, analyse and interpret information and manage their own time.Main duties of the job
Effectively manage key projects in line with the aims and objectives of the transformation programme and strategic priorities to support the effective delivery and redesign of high quality outcomes and patient focused care.
To provide project management to designated activities, accountable to identifiedindividuals for specific projects.
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
Our ambition is to maximise people's potential and we aim to promote an inclusive environment and improve the diversity of our workforce so our people truly represent the communities we serve.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
If you come and work for us we will offer a range of benefits and opportunities, including: Generous annual leave entitlement for Agenda for Change and Medical and Dental staff. Flexible working opportunities to support your work/life balance Health and Wellbeing activities and access to an excellent staff wellbeing service Access to staff discounts across retail, leisure and travel
https://www.penninecare.nhs.uk/valuesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Masters level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Leadership / management development.
- Ability to undertake further short training
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience of producing detailed reports and documents
- Experience of leading and delivering projects
- Experience of partnership working
- Proven experience in managing challenging situations
- Proven experience in developing and implementing policies and processes
- Demonstrate experience in using lessons learnt to develop best practise
- Demonstrable experience of: Establishing and delivering complex projects within agreed timescales.
- Working in effective partnerships with service users, clinicians and other stakeholders
- Involvement in service redesign projects
- Involvement in NHS procurement processes, performance management and stakeholder engagement (including clinicians, and users / carers)
- Experience of working with senior management teams on commissioning / service redesign projects
- Significant demonstrable experience of working across organisations, particularly acute and community care interface
- Senior management experience
- Experience of project management within a defined approach
- Experience within mental health services
- Understanding of current mental health services and configurations delivered within the NHS
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Experience of working with clinicians and business functions
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of researching best practice interpreting its relevance and processes / practices which could be implemented successfully to achieve service delivery.
- Effective communication skills with a range of stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships.
- Able to solve problems and work on own initiative.
- Able to manage opposition and conflict and try to persuade others of own point of view and defend own position with logical and unemotional arguments
- Proven ability to work with and motivate others.
- Able to prepare and present briefing papers and reports to tight deadlines
- Ability to balance competing demands and work to tight timescales.
- Able to facilitate collaborative working
- Able to manage and handle sensitive information and difficult
- Well-developed IT skills (e.g. Microsoft office package, email systems).
- Able to effectively make use of ICT equipment for the purposes listed above.
- Facilitation skills and ability to work with a group of mixed stakeholders.
- Able to present confidently.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills (including written, verbal, presentation skills).
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- Able to present confidently
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work flexibly based on the requirements of the job.
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the GM footprint in line with programme needs
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Trust HQ Ashton Under Lyne
225 Old Street
Ashton under Lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.