Working directly to the Associate Director for Contracting, Finance and Performance in the West Midlands CAMHs Provider Collaborative Commissioning Hub, the Contracts and Performance Manager provides leadership, support and assistance across the Commissioning Hub to Partners to ensure high quality contracting outcomes are achieved and that the Lead Provider is sufficiently supported to adhere to its Contract with NHS England.
The post holder will have oversight and provide assurance to the Associate Director of Contracting, Finance and Performance as well as the other Associate Director roles in the Hub against the contracts and performance of each of the Partner providers, as well as non-Partner providers that may be contracted with by the Collaborative from time to time.
The primary purpose of the role is to contribute to overall strategic planning and commissioning of safe, high quality child and adolescent mental health services within the West Midlands region that will deliver improvements in mental health outcomes for children and young people (CYP), addressing health inequalities in provision and improve outcomes within the resources available.Main duties of the jobPROFESSIONAL
This is an operational leadership role with designated responsibility for ensuring the contracting and performance responsibilities of the Commissioning Hub are effective, represent best value for the WMCPC and providers deliver to their contractual obligations.
The post holder will be a key member of the Commissioning Hub Team, supporting the Associate Director for Contracting, Finance and Performance on key deliverables, primarily within the portfolio of work defined, but with an expectation that the post holder is an active team member across the Commissioning Hub as a whole. CLINICAL:
This is a non-clinical role. Any clinical interaction will be incidental. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
The post holder will have line management responsibility for the Assistant Contracts Manager and Dat Analyst/Performance Lead within the Commissioning Hub.
To provide leadership and support to the Assistant Contracts Manager in the administrative management of the contracting function.
To provide leadership and support to the Data Analyst/Performance Lead in the performance and data functions of the Commissioning Hub.
Be responsible for the development and appraisal of the Assistant Contracts Manager and Data Analyst/Performance Lead within the Commissioning Hub.About us
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families. Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification to view the full details for this opportunity at Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS Foundation Trust.
When completing your application, please ensure you have evidenced how you meet the job description and person specification to include transferable experience, qualifications, skills along with professional registration details (if applicable).
Occasionally we receive a large number of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Undergraduate degree in a health related or business subject and educated to Masters level or demonstrable through equivalent work related experience
- Project management qualification
- Previous experience of working in or with the NHS
- Previous experience of contracts, with demonstrable understanding of contractual terminology (especially within NHS)
- Understanding of NHS national reporting requirements
- Evidence of working to tight and ever changing timescales
- Experience and understanding of evaluating and measuring performance of health services
- Experience of delivering complex tasks and managing a number of these simultaneously
- Experience in the application of the NHS Standard Contract, with knowledge on its application and terms
- Experience of managing complex projects
- Experience of partnership working and working in a collaborative approach
- Experience of supporting the procuring/commissioning of services and managing sub contracted agreements
- Sound understanding of NHS systems and processes including current legislation and policy particularly in relation to commissioning, contracting and provider collaboratives
- Experience of setting up and implementing internal processes and procedures
- Communication, negotiation and influencing skills- customer relationship managements
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to interpret national policy and apply to local situation
- Ability to develop, maintain and monitor information systems to support performance reporting and management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High level analytical skills and ability to interpret data and information from wide range of sources and present in a clear concise manner
- High level critical thinking skills
- High level of communication
- Ability to organise and manage own workload effectively
- Management of complex relationships
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate & develop staff
- Flexibility and ability to handle a rapidly changing environment that at times has ambiguity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Office and Excel including use of pivot tables and other data analysis tools
- Committed to achieving value for money and understanding of impacts on public purse
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Printing House Street
Printing House Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.