The post holder will be integral to the smooth running of the General Surgical Unit whichaccommodates both day case and in-patient surgery. As a Band 6 you would play a leadrole in the daily management of the Surgical Unit, ensuring the continued development ofthe service in line with Trust, local and national initiatives. The role is responsible for ensuring thathigh quality care is delivered to all patients and that patient safety is maintained. The post-holderwith need to deputize for the Clinical Ward Manager as required.Main duties of the job
Establish and maintain effective communication with all disciplines ofstaff, developing professionalism throughout the Unit.Work effectively as a team memberProvide support and advice to patients and relatives and act as anadvocate for their needs as requiredInvolve patients (and carers /families where appropriate) in their careand ensure accurate information is given. ?Ensure excellent communication is utilized verbally and via formaldocumentation and electronic sources with all members of thenursing, multidisciplinary team, patients and families.Accept responsibility be aware and able to locate all policies relatingto good working practice within the clinical area and be able to adhereto both by self.Recognize the legal implications of nursing documentation thereforemaintaining own and supporting the Clinical Ward Manager inensuring the ward team keep accurate records in line with Trustpolicies and the NMC - The Code.In conjunction with other specialist and senior clinical staff participatein the setting, monitoring and evaluation of standards of care forpatients and clients.Support the Clinical Ward Manager in the improvement of carethrough benchmarking, audit and research.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationessentialEssential
- Registered Nurse, Teaching and Assessing qualification (Mentorship course) , Degree in Nursing or working towards
- Significant experience in surgical nursing at Band 5
- MSc or working towards ? Leadership Course
- Audit experience
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership and management skills
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick park hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.