An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Haematology nurse to take up the position of Clinical Nurse Specialist. The post will be Band 6 or 7 dependent on experience, opportunities to develop into band 7 will be provided with a structured progression including health assessment and non medical prescribing.
The successful candidate will work closely alongside and be supported by a dedicated team of Haematology Clinical Nurse Specialists, Haematology consultants and bone marrow transplant co-ordinators. All staff are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential through personal and professional development. This post requires a forward thinking, motivated and ambitious nurse, who must be able to work autonomously, manage own case load and work towards undertaking nurse led clinics.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing specialized treatment plans for patients. Consulting with patients and carers on how to best manage their conditions. Have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The ability to identify and facilitate educational programs or in-service training sessions. Extensive knowledge of haematology oncology and of best nursing practices and standards.
This post is primarily based at Good Hope hospital with some cross site working required as part of the team working across our HGS sites at Heartland and Solihull hospitals.Main duties of the job
Degree level qualification in haematology/oncology
Ability to identify and facilitate educational programs or in-service training sessions.
Extensive knowledge of best nursing practices and standards
Performing Holistic health assessments and developing specialized treatment plans for patients with haematology malignancies
Developing nursing practices, policies, and procedures.
Consulting with patients and families on how to best manage their conditions.
Staying up to date with the latest guidelines and developments within haematology/oncology
Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
Work towards Non- medical prescribing qualification
Within the multidisciplinary team oversee the implementation and evaluation of treatment plans
Mentor and role model for other healthcare professionalsAbout us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note*: For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * Registered Adult / Child Nurse on the NMC Register (Field dependent upon role )
- * Evidence of post registration CPD / Post registration qualification in ( appropriate area of speciality or professional knowledge supplemented by specialist experience and short
- courses to degree / masters level equivalent FHEQ Level 6 /7
- * Recognised mentorship course
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Evidence and ability to revalidate as required by the NMC
- * Significant years post registration experience as a Clinical Nurse Specialist at B6 or above in defined or associated speciality
- * Extensive experience of working autonomously at a specialist level
- * Evidence of achievements and career development in current post and of on-going professional development/competence
- * Demonstrate expert knowledge underpinned by theory and CPD relevant to speciality
- * Experience and enthusiasm for developing educational programmes and teaching / assessing and supervising others in a clinical setting
- * Working in a multi-disciplinary and cross agency work environment
- * Experience of patient service user advocacy role
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.