�3000 - New Hire Bonus The permanent posts are eligible for a �3000 New Hire Bonus. An initial payment of �1000 will be paid in the first 1 month and a final payment of �2000 will be paid 1 year after your start date. This will be pro-rata for part-time posts. Internal applicants are not eligible to receive this bonus. Please see attached New Hire Bonus Terms & Conditions
We are encouraging applicants for this exciting post. We seek an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist who can inspire and develop the role within the Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service. It has a specific focus on the rehabilitation of people with psychosis, enabling them to optimise their engagement in their communities and fulfil their occupational aspirations and abilities.Main duties of the jobPlease note for this role you will be required to travel independently around the county meeting strict time deadlines. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence* and have use of a vehicle. You cannot use public transport for this role as this is not a reliable form of transport and will not allow you to meet service needs. Please confirm in your application that you meet the specified criteria.
The post sits within the Stepped Care Therapy team, which is made up of Psychologists and Occupational Therapy staff. Supervised by a senior OT with the same specialism you will coordinate with others in similar posts. Training is provided and there are fantastic opportunities to use occupational formulation and treatment planning. You will work closely with other members of the MDT, including psychiatrists, mental health nurses, support workers and social workers. Ability to drive is essential.
*DVLA have a number ofreciprocalarrangements with overseas countries, for further information please visit the DVLA website About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison Psychiatry, Substance Misuse, Social Care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- To deliver a rehabilitation focused service specifically focusing on the patients with complex psychosis receiving treatment within OPAC directorate.
- In partnership with the patient/ service user , the Occupational Therapist supports a match between the abilities of the person, the demands of their occupations and the demands of the environment to improve independence and participation in daily life.
- They, with the service user will develop agreed goals, a sense of hope and optimism, and thus reduce stigma.
- In line with Nice guidelines the post holder will deliver a coordinated provision of psychiatric rehabilitation, through occupational therapy assessments and interventions and the principles of recovery.
- The Occupational Therapist will work collaboratively with all disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assure a high standard of care for service users and their relatives/carers.
- Minimum Bachelor level equivalent training in Occupational Therapy.
- Current HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
- Membership of the RCOT MH specialist section
- Member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
- Practice Educator
- Additional training in specialist standardised assessments.
- Additional clinical training relevant to specialism.
- Delivering therapy to people with psychosis and other mental health conditions
- Clinical placement experience of working with a range of statutory and non-statutory services.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Lived experience of mental health challenges
- Application of the Model of Human Occupation.
- Working with carers or families
- Service development or evaluation projects.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision.
- Good communication skills and ability to summarise information and communicate with colleagues
- To be able to use data to evaluate efficacy of clinical interventions.
- Able to manage conflict and change.
- Self management/able to manage own caseload with direct support.
- Able to manage pressure of working in intensive environment.
- Able to negotiate and advocate on behalf of the service user.
- Able to liaise with and establish effective links with a range of people and professionals.
- Able to plan, undertake group work and evaluate.
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Personal time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Knowledge of RCOT and HCPC professional standards.
- Good knowledge of the care programme approach, Care act and related legislation.
- Knowledge of developments in occupational therapy practice relevant to setting.
- Knowledge of role and purpose of clinical supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
- Knowledge of Occupational assessments, intervention and practice models relevant to the client group
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- Ability to travel independently in accordance with Trust policies and service need.
- Routine and regular use of computer.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willingness to be flexible in approach and attitude.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Committed to promoting a positive image of the occupational therapy service.
- Committed to delivering a service to those with complex psychosis.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
City Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.