We are recruiting Band 6 Theatre Practitioners in Anaesthetic and one other specialty,Scrub or Recovery to develop our workforce to meet the needs of our patients for the future. You Must Have Anaesthetic experience and be able to work independently in anaesthetics. Bring your ambition to life and secure your career pathway.
- Are you looking to be part of a dynamic organisation, with an overall aim to deliver exceptional surgical patient care?
- Are you an experienced theatre practitioner
- Do you have excellent clinical skills and a desire to further develop your career aspirations?
- Do you want to be part of a team where your contribution counts?
If your answer is yes then we can offer you excellent opportunities in theatre scrub, recovery and anaesthetics. Our culture is focused on learning where senior members regularly host training sessions and provide mentoring support. Our management team has an open door policy and aims to provide guidance and help to face challenges or concerns.Main duties of the job
We offer newly qualified, registered nurses, operating department practitioners and skilled theatre practitioners, opportunities to progress within the department. We are dedicated to supporting out theatre practitioners in their career aspirations and offer theatre career opportunities developments from band 5 - 8b. Over the last 12 months we have created an infrastructure with a dedicated training budget to support theatre practitioners at all levels in developing their skills and knowledge and offer a wide range of bespoke packages to ensure staff achieve their career aspirations. We care about our employees and believe that a friendly and supportive team makes a difference to our staff. On joining our Theatres team we aim to make you feel part of our family.About us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve life Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job description and Person Specification for full details of what this role entailsPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Theatre Experience as a Band 5
- Experience in 2 areas of theatre practice
- Teaching & Assessing experience
- Specialist Knowledge & skills
- Anaesthetic experience
- RN (Adult)/ C& G 752/ODP 3/ DipHE / BSc IN ODP with current NMC / HCPC registration
- Post Registration Theatre course or relevant specialist knowledge
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Anaesthetic Qualification
- Assessing course
- Teaching course
- Enhanced theatre skills
Management/ Supervision/ Co-ordination skillsEssential
- Ability to lead the multidisciplinary team
- Act as a preceptor / mentor
- Ability to assess students
- Team leadership skills
- Participate and evaluate audit and research
Communicatio n/Verbal skillsEssential
- Proficient in reading and writing in the English language
Responsibility for financial & physical resourcesEssential
- Be able to communicate effectively via telephone, individual or group discussion and e-mai
- Awareness of stock control.
- The ability to identify, prepare, monitor and maintain materials and equipment for operative procedures.
- Participates in budgetary control
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to calculate drug dosages
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
SWB NHS Trust - City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.