We have an enviable opportunity for a Community Case Manager in Southern Adult Community Healthcare Team. This is our last current Case Manager vacancy. Your leadership skills will help the organization reach its goals in providing gold standard patient care and give you the opportunity to contribute to changes which will improve care in the community. You will have opportunity to implement strategies to support the team in delivering efficient and safe care to clients, working closely with colleagues to coordinate visits and managing the administration of holistic care in the community.
The post is to provide nursing interventions to patients in their home environment. If you are interested in joining our friendly team we would like to hear from you.
This is Us... Southern ACHT
We aim to provide timely, evidence based, compassionate care to the patients in our community.
Our expectations are based on the Trust values of CARE. We Collaborate with each other to meet the needs of our patients. We Aspire to give the best care to our patients and each other. We treat everyone with Respect and Enable our staff to become autonomous practitioner.
You will be supported by senior members of your team who will work side by side with you until you are confident. You will be encouraged to develop your skill set by attending the relevant training courses and study days. Newly qualified or Return to Practice registered nurses can apply for preceptorship.Main duties of the job
The case management model will provide interventions tailored to meet the needs of the individual.
To contribute to processes for proactively case finding patients who are very high intensity users of community and primary healthcare and / or are at high risk of unplanned admission to hospital.
Assess the physical and psychosocial needs of the defined case load instigating therapeutic treatments and care delivery based on best available evidence.
To improve health outcomes using specialist nursing skills and knowledge.
To undertake referral management to develop and establish case management programmes for patients referred to the Adult Community Healthcare Teams.
To manage a caseload of patients with long term conditions who would benefit from case management.
To plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care programme delivery using the single assessment process, managing patient referrals to ensure patients are treated by the most appropriate member of the team / service.
To develop protocols and procedures for clinical pathways.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Allied Healthcare Professional / Registered Level 1 Nurse
- Degree/ Diploma in Health / Nursing Studies or related subject
- Evidence of recent Continuous Professional Development
- Relevant post graduate clinical training e.g. Elderly, Long Term Conditions, Respiratory Disease, Cardiac Disease, Dementia, Rehabilitation, Trauma and Orthopaedics and End of Life
- Demonstrate specialist clinical assessment, analysis, planning, delivery and evaluation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to manage complex cases
- Ability to develop and maintain partnership working
- Knowledge of legal requirements for working with vulnerable adults and those who lack capacity
- Knowledge of modernisation agenda within the NHS and social care
- Report writing skills
- IT skills
- Presentation skills
- Teaching patients, carers and colleagues
- Demonstrate broad experience post registration within a variety of core areas: ?Elderly care ?Orthopaedics ?Neurology ?Respiratory ?Palliative Care ?Long term conditions
- In depth experience of working within multi agency / multi disciplinary team
- Experience of working in a community/in-patient setting for a minimum of 3 years post registration
- Experience of assisting with implementing change management programmes e.g. service development
- Experience of electronic clinical systems
- Experience participating in a research or audit project
- Experience of day to day staff management e.g. case allocation to Health Care Assistants
- Experience of working with single assessment process
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work alone
- Ability to promote health
- Valid and current driving license or able to travel to locations throughout Buckinghamshire
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Chalfont Community Hospital
Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.