The Royal Berkshire Hospital Pharmacy department is a friendly team, committed to mentoring and supporting the professional development of our rotational pharmacists. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to join our team.Main duties of the job
The Royal Berkshire Hospital has many specialities and as a rotational pharmacist you will experience all areas on a 3 monthly basis and be supported by clinical pharmacists and lead specialty pharmacists:
- Medical - Gastro-intestinal/Hepatic, Respiratory, Renal, Cardiology, Rheumatology
- Surgical - General, Orthopaedic, Trauma, Urology, Head and Neck, Ophthalmology, Surgical admission unit
- Paediatric & Maternity - Special baby unit, Paediatric - including T& O, oncology, acute medical. Maternity - Labour ward, ante-natal and post-natal wards
- Elderly Care- 3 general wards, Hip frailty ward
- Admissions wards - Acute admissions, Medical admissions, Short Stay Unit
- Medicine Information - general enquires and Patient helpline
The successful candidate would be an enthusiastic, innovative registered pharmacist who has recently completed their pre-registration pharmacist training, or a qualified pharmacist who would like to gain hospital pharmacy experience.About us
The Trust is accredited with the Joint Programme Board Post-Graduate Diploma for General Pharmacy Practice which is hosted at Reading University. The Trust has close links with the University and we support experiential learning at RBH of the undergraduates.
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
Our values: Compassionate, Aspirational, Resourceful, Excellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Pharmacist is responsible, on a rotational basis, for professional aspects of the day-to-day pharmaceutical service provided by the Trust. The Pharmacist post is considered a developmental grade for a registered pharmacist where the post holder needs the professional support of a more senior colleague from time to timePerson SpecificationEducationEssential
- Masters Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent (from an accredited University registered with GPhC).
- 1 year Pre-Registration training
- Current registered Member of GPhC
- UK hospital experience
- Project / Audit work
- Patient contact - counselling, drug history taking
- Multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Experience of pharmacy computer technology
- Supervisory experience
- Implementing and or enforcing protocols
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driving licence + own car
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.