The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the clinical governance team and the day-to-day management of patient safety incident management practices and procedures.
The post holder will also support the Assistant Director of Governance & Risk & the Head of Governance with wider improvement work/projects aimed at improving quality and patient safety across the Trust.Main duties of the job
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and a regular review will take place with the postholder as part of their ongoing development and performance management.
About us The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest specialist orthopaedic units in Europe. We offer planned orthopaedic surgery to people locally, nationally and internationally. Our Trust is a very special hospital big enough to deliver world class services and small enough to offer exceptional patient and staff experience. We offer a working experience unique in the West Midlands and we're always on the lookout for passionate people to join our award-winning team. The ROH is an equal opportunities employer. We employ people of difference and are committed to growing an inclusive culture, where difference is celebrated, and people feel able to bring their whole and authentic self to work. We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a range of inclusive, family friendly and flexible working arrangements and policies, to support our people in the workplace. Flexible working requests will be considered. The Trust is committed to the Disability Confident Interview Scheme and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. If you have a disability and need any support with your application or require any reasonable adjustments to be implemented please do get in touch with the Recruiting Manager for this position so that the team can support you. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Support the Assistant Director of Governance & Risk and the Head of Governance with ensuring that the incident management processes and systems are robust, well embedded and promote learning across the Trust.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Governance & Risk and Head of Governance to ensure that the upward reporting of patent safety incidents within the Trusts internal management board and committee structure is accurate, relevant, provides assurance, promotes learning and works towards improving patient safety.
- Be the system lead and expert on the Trust's incident reporting/management system from a patient safety incident perspective, in particular overseeing the day-to-day management, maintenance, and future development/improvement of the incident reporting/management system.
- Support the Assistant Director of Governance & Risk and the Head of Governance with wider improvement work/projects aimed at improving quality and patient safety across the Trust.
- Support the Head of Governance with ensuring that any new national guidance or frameworks relating to quality and patient safety are implemented in a timely and appropriate manner
- Deputise for the Head of Governance in their absence as and when necessary.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the clinical governance team and the day-to-day management of patient safety incident management practices and procedures.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential Desirable
Skills & KnoweldgeEssential
- governance/health care qualification
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- ability to present complex data in a variety of ways
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
Employer detailsEmployer name
- deliver outcomes to tight schedules
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Address
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Bristol Road South, Northfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.