An opportunity has arisen for a proactive individual who would be responsible for leading a team of MDT and Pathway Coordinators alongside the existing three current MDT managers.
This is an interesting and challenging role, with excellent development opportunities for the right candidate, bringing you in touch with a variety of departments, professionals, and people within the Trust and beyond.
Do you have team leading skills?
Are you able to develop a service to improve quality?
Do you have excellent communication and listening skills, a good understanding of hospital administration systems?
Are you highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines by prioritising tasks effectively?
If so this role could be for you.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the management of the MDT team, ensuring the delivery of key cancer targets. You will work closely with the Information Management Team to ensure accurate data collection.
You will also be responsible for the collection and submission of COSD & SACT data.About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close at midnight on the 11th September 2023.
Interviews are due to be held on the 6th October 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level or NVQ level 4 or equivalent.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Team leader/management qualification.
- Secretary qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of managing staff/a busy clerical/office environment or reception service or project.
- Complex administrative experience.
- Prioritising, planning and organising own and others tasks.
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations and confrontations.
- Data entry experience and documentation.
- Previous experience of working in NHS.
- Previous experience of working with medical records.
- Recruitment and Selection of staff.
- Performance management of staff.
- Confidentiality and data protection processes and procedures.
- Customer service.
- Good working knowledge of office procedures and all Microsoft office packages.
- Awareness of National Cancer Waiting Targets.
- Awareness of anti-discriminatory issues.
- Knowledge of the Trust including awareness of priorities.
- Knowledge of Trust information systems.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Ability to manage/work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills including telephone, email, face to face.
- Ability to organise and manage own time and others to keep to schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and present complex data.
- Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent IT skills - ability to use Microsoft office applications including spreadsheets and email.
- Willing to take on/learn new skills.
- Ability to show attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to store and safeguard confidential documents.
- Ability to take minutes to a high standard.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to work with budgets.
- Ability to requisition general stock.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital - Division B
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.