About the Community Intermediate Care Centre
The Centre is an integrated team of clinical staff and professionals including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. The unit will be an integral step up/step down facility that supports the recovery and recuperation of our patients following medical and surgical illness and also provides palliative care and manages the planning of complex discharge packages.
Do you want to be a part of a team striving to make a difference in our community? Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you ready to make a difference to patient care?Main duties of the job
To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing nursing and rehabilitation for in-patient beds.
In the absence of senior colleagues take charge of the unit, manage the admission of patients, provide care and discharge planning whilst contributing to the effective working of the Unit.
To work in partnership with multi-disciplinary members of the team, other professionals and agencies, to meet the health and rehabilitation needs of patients within the Unit.
The post holder will work with a range of professionals in order to ensure care is appropriate and delivered in a timely manner. The post holder will be able to demonstrate their professional skills and competence in care planning / co-ordination, medicines management, and care and treatment delivery.
This role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills to support patients with a wide range of conditions to understand and where possible, take on self-management of their condition.
The post holder will have some responsibility for supervising less experienced or qualified staff and students on placement. About us
At Wirral Community Health & Care NHS Foundation Trust, we pride ourselves in providing the best possible care for our patients and we can only achieve this through our dedicated and committed staff. We are looking for proactive and dynamic individuals to join our multi-disciplinary team in our Community Intermediate Care Centre. To join our multidisciplinary team you will:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Be a registered nurse with current professional registration
- be committed to delivering a high standard of care and supporting change management
- be an excellent communicator who will innovate, inspire and promote patient safety whilst supporting the ward team.
- be an advocate for our patients, able to identify changes in need and be instrumental in planning for their current and future care.
Please refer to the documents attached which detail the job description and main responsibilities for this role along with the person specification requirements.Person SpecificationQualifications and professional trainingEssential
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- Registered General Nurse educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Current NMC registration
- Evidence of further recent professional development
- Understanding of National Government initiatives in health and social care and how they impact on local services
- Knowledge of a broad range of Long Term Conditions experienced by patients. This will include frailty, palliative and end of life care.
Skills and attributesEssential
- Community Nursing experience
- Experience of working in a rehabilitation unit or intermediate care setting.
- Will be required to undertake all mandatory training
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Effective organisational skills
- Ability to articulate the evidence underpinning patients' care plans and interventions.
- Computer Literate
- Evidence of managing people and complex situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work shift patterns over a 24 hour period as part of internal rotation
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.