Where better never stops
- it is not only our Trust motto, it is our belief to be continuously improving. We are looking for motivated and dedicated nurses to join our fast growing Trust. Join our team to be a part of great change for our patients, but also for you, giving you a chance to grow amongst the best. We run seven hospitals across Sussex, including the major trauma centre for the South East of England. As one of the biggest employers on the South Coast, we are entering a new exciting time with the redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with the opening of Louisa Martindale Building. The 3Ts project (Trauma, Teaching and Tertiary care) is replacing the buildings on the front half of the Royal Sussex County hospital. The new buildings will provide modern facilities for patients and staff in more than 40 wards and departments.
At University Hospitals Sussex, we are committed to supporting the NHS becoming the world's first net zero health service. We have developed our plan using the Care Without Carbon framework for sustainable healthcare. We want to hire talent: if this is you, join us today!
Please note this is not for Children's Nurses ** We welcome applications from those who currently hold a UK NMC registration. If you currently hold an overseas nursing qualification and require sponsorship we are not currently direct hiring Internationally Qualified Nurses **Main duties of the jobWhat can we do for you?
We want to hire talent: if this is you, join us today! **** Within your application supporting information please state your preferred site and department/s. ****About us Join us at UHSussex , every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops
- You'll have access to ongoing training and continual professional development opportunities.
- You'll be able to access different services and get different skills in the areas you're interested in.
- We want our colleagues to have the best work/life balance so we'll offer you a supportive and flexible working environment
- We have an excellent health and wellbeing support network for all our colleagues, including lots of discounts in local business and hospitality.
- You'll be working at some of the best locations in the South East. From the harbour side at Chichester, to the rolling downs of Sussex, to the vibrant charms of Worthing and Brighton. You'll find a good standard of living, with easy transport links and great leisure opportunities.
- If you are relocating from out of the area, we have an accommodation officer that will be able to support you with finding suitable accommodation.
- We are proud to have a very diverse and inclusive workforce
At UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves. Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical Is responsible for the assessment, planning and implementation of care and assists in the interpretation of data relevant to the patients condition and progress Assists in the identification of patient problems and needs with the patient, their carers, senior nursing staff and other staff as appropriate Identifies the priorities of care for patients Identifies realistic goals for patients in care plans Gives skilled care to patients and provides support to their carers Administers drugs and treatments as prescribed according to the NMC guidelines and the Trusts Guidelines for the Safe and Secure Handling of Medicines Changes care plans and goals according to evaluation and discussion with the multidisciplinary team Demonstrates an understanding and skill in the care and management of the critically ill patient Works closely with all members of the care team to ensure the needs of the critically ill patient are met Demonstrates proficiency in the care of CVP lines and the administration of IV Therapy in accordance with Trust Policy. Participate in the smooth and effective discharge planning for patients maintains accurate documentation to facilitate the continuity of care for patients transferred to other areas Ensures that discharge review documentation is completed and reimbursement material is communicated to relevant body in timely fashion Liase with nursing and clerical staff to enable efficient administration of ward work Professional Demonstrate a professional approach to work in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct at all times To have knowledge of and adhere to ward and Trust policy and professional standards. To maintain confidentiality, privacy and dignity surrounding the patient/clients admission and treatment at all times Ensure that documentation is complete and up to date, in line with NMC and Trust guidelines To meet PREP requirements. To identify own learning needs and ensure own professional development is maintained by keeping up to date with practice developments Ensure that mandatory and statutory training needs are met. Participates in Clinical Supervision Person SpecificationQualificationEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
Royal Sussex County Hospital/Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.