An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new role within BCHC as a Band 6 Triage Nurse. The triage nurse will assess the new referral or message to determine when and if the patient requires a visit . You will act as an autonomous practitioner providing a comprehensive telephone triage and clinical assessment service to patients and/or their carers/relatives resulting in a safe and appropriate clinical decision.
The position will be within 3 of the new teams across the locality following a transformation of the community nursing service.Main duties of the job
The clinical triage role will be a fundamental part of the new teams, supporting the clinical triage of new patient referrals and messages. These new referrals come through Single Point of Access (SPA) from the following services (GP/Hospital/Health Care Professionals/self-referral/social workers) the clinical triage role is to triage the referral/message against the IMT specification to determine if the patient meets the criteria for a Community Nurse Team visit. The role will also involve triaging messages from patients on the current caseload to establish if a visit is needed and the urgency of the visit. The post holder will also support in the rescheduling of patient visits and the review of the caseload the patient scheduling buildingAbout usIMPORTANT
- Please ensure you check your Trac account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including business email address, telephone contact details and postal address
Priority will be given to applicants who possess the District Nurse qualification or have completed the V150 prescribing course.
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated nurses to join our teams we provide integrated care to patients throughout Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust .
The ideal candidates must be an excellent communicator, team player and have sound clinical knowledge being able to work independently and as part of a team.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse Level 1 (Adult)
- Post Grad Degree or Evidence of relevant Degree level study (have gained if prescribing complete)
- Nurse Prescriber or willing to undertake Module within 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of continued professional development relevant to role
- District Nurse Specialist Practitioner Qualification, or willing to work towards equivalent modules
- Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and application of up to date evidence based clinical practice.
- Excellent communication Analytical skills and a problem solving approach
- Effective time management
- Excellent organisational/ prioritisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines, often working with sensitive or contentious information within varying environments.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and implementation of NHS access targets.
- Competent user of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Patient Administration Systems.
Other Job RequirementsEssential
- As per person specification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- As per person specification
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
various sites in East Locality
Richmond PCC, 299 Bordesley Green East
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.