Are you a confident and motivated Band 5 or an emerging Band 6 Occupational Therapist who would like to develop new clinical and managerial skills within an acute setting? Are you a motivated and forward thinking Occupational Therapist looking to develop specialist skills within an acute in-patient therapy team? To provide a high quality efficient Occupational Therapy service to in-patients(supported by a Band 7 Occupational Therapist) by rotation through the followingspecialty disciplines:o Orthopaedics (Trauma) /Surgery, Acute Inpatients Ealing Hospitalo Neurology, Acute Inpatient Rehab Ealing Hospitalo DMOP (Department Medicine for Older People), to include AMU cover at times, EalingHospitalo Medical, Respiratory Medicine, Acute Inpatients Ealing Hospitalo And other rotational placements that become available.Main duties of the job
To assist Band 7 Occupational Therapist in the organisation and developmentof a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service for adults.o To manage own caseload including assessment, treatment and support ofclients, applying specialised skills and knowledge.o To provide and gain appropriate information from clients and carers regardingtheir needs and concerns, in order to provide a service to meet those needs.o To be an active member of the multidisciplinary team and to providecoordinated and comprehensive treatment programs.o To refer to various multidisciplinary team members as appropriate followingassessment of patient needs.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Diploma/degree in Occupational Therapy
- Healthcare Professionals Council registration.
Skills, Abilities , AttributesEssential
- Experience in in-patient physical service setting both acute and rehab. Experience in acute community/outpatient setting e.g. experience gained through Band 5 rotations in Medicine, orthopaedic/surgery, Medicine for Older Persons
- Experience of supervising junior members of team and/or students in day-to-day working.
- Knowledge/ability to use a range of different assessments and interventions with patients with cardiac, respiratory, surgical, neuro and orthopaedic conditions
- Knowledge of inter-agency working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of clinical application of core physical and mental health Occupational Therapy skills
- Ability to work well within a team and communicate effectively
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of CPD and self-directed learning.
- Participation in teaching, both in a group setting and on a one-to-one
- Participation in audits, research and clinical governance
- Ability to work as an autonomous practitioner and to be able to act on own initiative
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate work and ability to manage a busy caseload.
- An understanding of providing services to a diverse patient population in the community
- Ability to travel across the Trust to fulfil the requirements of the post. (Car owner/drive
- IT skills use of email/office products.
- Understanding of local and national guidelines and implications for Occupational Therapy and client care.
- Ability to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the service i.e. extended hours and weekends
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Ealing& Northwick Park Hospital
Ealing& Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.