Are you looking to influence and improve patient care through education?This post is an excellent development opportunity based at RDH, for a registered health care professional with experience in teaching, who is a Resuscitation Council UK ILS or pILS Provider or Instructor, to deliver structured resuscitation, clinical skills and simulation based education. Applicants must have relevant clinical and educational experience . You will support members of an outstanding, highly respected Resuscitation and Simulation training team, within the Medical Director's Office portfolio, based at the Royal Derby Hospital.
The department is responding to the educational demand for both resuscitation, simulation and clinical skills for UHDB staff and medical students.Main duties of the job
There is excellent scope and opportunity for personal and professional development. Dependent upon your skills and knowledge, the successful candidates' induction will include a period of mentorship and coaching.
Closing date of applications: 25 September 2023 Interview date: 09 October 2023About us
- Assist in the delivery of all levels of resuscitation training.
- The delivery of new and innovative simulation and clinical skills training sessions for medical students on clinical placements.
- Work towards development and facilitation of competency based clinical skills training and assessment for doctors in training.
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationCommunicationEssential
- Experienced in working within a multi professional team
- Able to give effective feedback/debriefing
- Clinically registered practitioner, teaching qualification & ILS, ALS or APLS provider
- ILS or ALS instructor course. AIM instructor
- Knowledge of recent developments in resuscitation and clinical skills
- At graduate level or equivalent
- Relevant clinical experience in acute care
- Experience in teaching & assessing clinical skills, resuscitation and clinical simulation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Established ILS or ALS teaching experience
- IT educational software
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.