There has never been a more exciting time to join the Discharge Lounge. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who brings sound clinical experience in collaboration with healthcare colleagues, developing a safe and consistence discharge pathway.
Principle duties and responsibilities include being a visible presence in the clinical area, reviewing training and educational requirements of clinical staff at all levels ensuring the needs of patients are met. Ensure all aspects of discharge planning are complete liaise with district nurses and other MDT services to facilitate safe and effective care and discharge.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development and implementation and evaluation of programmes of care without supervision. They will be required to actively participate in the teaching and supervision of other nursing and non-nursing staff. The post holder will also be required to take a lead / link role for the nursing unit/department in discharge planning.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improved health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such as ethnically diverse, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust recognises the values and transferable skills that the Armed Forces community bring and recognise their compatibility with NHS roles.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertakePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First Level Registration with NMC
- Educated to diploma level or demonstrate experience of operating at this level
Communication & Relationship SkillsEssential
- Educated to 1st degree level or evidence of study at degree level.
- Evidence of undertaking Band 6 Development course.
- A recognised course of study in teaching and assessing.
Knowledge and TrainingEssential
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Effective leadership skills
- Evidence of team working skills
- Able to keep full and accurate records
- Ability to work within a team and develop others
- Skilled practitioner who can act as a role model
- Evidence of professional development and regular study since qualification
- Knowledge of clinical audit and effectiveness systems
- Up to date knowledge of current nursing issues and changes within NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of criteria led discharge
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russells Hall Hospital
Dudley, West Midlands
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.