An exciting opportunity has arisen within our service for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated theatre scrub nurse to join our friendly dynamic hard-working theatre team.The Hillingdon & Mount Vernon NHS Trust are very busy district hospitalsThe work is interesting and varied, the pace is fast but we can offer you a friendly and supportive environment with an excellent record of commitment to continuing professional development together with all the benefits of working for a Foundation Trust.Our theatre suite at The Hillingdon has 7 theatres and 1 recovery unit. The specialities include robotics, orthopaedics/ trauma, gynaecology, urology, general and ophthalmic. This department has 24 hour theatre provision including obstetrics.
Our Theatres at Mount Vernon have 4 theatres, the specialities include Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Pain, General and Urology .You will be fully supported in your role by the Theatre Sisters and the Operations Manager for TheatresA commitment to participate in shift work, nights and weekends is essential.Main duties of the job
To work with supervision and guidance in providing and maintaining a high standard of care for the patient undergoing surgical intervention. The post holder will be committed to provide research and evidence based practice, demonstrating a professional approach whilst working as part of a multi-professional team. The Post holder will be expected to work a shift pattern incorporating days, lates, weekends and occasionally nights and on calls if required.About us
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the only acute hospital in the London Borough of Hillingdon and offers a wide range of services including accident and emergency, inpatient care, day surgery, outpatient clinics and maternity services. The Trust's services at Mount Vernon Hospital include routine day surgery, delivered at a modern treatment centre, a minor injuries unit and outpatient clinics.
The safety and well-being of our patients and of our staff is paramount and we are making urgent improvements to address this - particularly in infection prevention and control. We are making progress and going forward by working in partnership with local GPs, charities,community services, academic partners, our local authority, neighbouring hospitals and the wider North West London Integrated care system, and ensuring that we listen and work in partnership with our local population. We are absolutely focused on ensuring that our hospitalsprovide high quality, safe and compassionate care, while drive forward the building of the new Hillingdon Hospital.
We have over 3,500 members of staff that are proud to care for nearly half a million people, with a vision to be an outstanding provider of healthcare through leading health and academic partnerships, transforming services, to provide the best care where needed.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Main ResponsibilitiesClinical1. To assist the registered nurse / professional in the delivery of patient care.
2. To communicate with patients, in such a way, that respects and takes into account the patients level of understanding.
3. To assist with the preparation and delivery of the theatre environment preparing theatres prior to list and checking equipment..
4. Adhere to strict compliance with Trust Infection Control policies and procedures and ensure junior staff and learners are aware of their responsibility.
5. To participate in the admission process of patients into theatre and input onto the computer system (ICS, NRJ etc )
6. To assist the registered nurse / professional in the delivery of patient care pre, peri and post procedures, as required.
7. To communicate effectively with patients / carers to ensure patients are kept well informed of any changes or delays to they procedure as advised by senior staffPerson SpecificationShortlisting CriteriaEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Rickmansworth Road, Northwood
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.