Colchester Urgent Treatment Centre is at the front of Colchester Hospital's ED and is designed to see, treat and discharge or stream patients to the most suitable service dependant on their needs. We are open from 7am until Midnight, 7 days a week. We treat both walk-in and ambulatory patients whose injuries or illnesses are not so serious as to need full emergency department care.
Our Nurse Practitioners offer a 'Care at the Door' service which has been recognised by the National NHS England team as a Gold Standard Service. The 'Care at the Door' offers the patient the opportunity to be seen by a clinician on presentation to the UTC/ ED and they will then be streamed to the most suitable service.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Practitioner with:
Main duties of the job
- Minor injuries Qualifications- including x-ray interpretation, suturing, plastering, management of complex wounds and injury skills
- Minor illness Qualification - including common minor illness
- Autonomously see and treat both Adults and Children
- A minimum of two years consolidated practice as a Practitioner
- Competence in autonomous assessment, examination, diagnosis and treatment
- A prescribing qualification
As a practitioner you will work alongside a wider team of practitioners (ENPs/ANP's/ACP's), general practitioners and operational staff to deliver unscheduled care to both Adults and Children that present with complex and/or chronic illness and minor injuries.
You will autonomously undertake assessment of wide array of patient presentations to determine a clinical diagnosis, provide treatment and appropriately discharge, while maintaining patient records on SystmOne.
Our practitioners typically treat patients with minor injuries and illness with the support our general practitioners. You will be flexible and able to work shifts covering the opening hours.About us
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oRegistered Nurse/Paramedic recorded with NMC/HCPC
- oProfessional knowledge and skills underpinned by theory and experience, acquired through degree supplemented by specialist training, experience in specialist field
- oAdvanced diagnostics/prescribing relevant to area of practise with evidence of appropriate qualification and registration
- Minor Injury and/or Minor Illness
- oExperience of managing and supervising the work of others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAdvanced knowledge of a broad range of assessments including specialists relevant to the specialist care group and the relative benefits of each
- oExcellent knowledge of a range of advanced therapeutic interventions relevant to the care group including the relative benefits of each and the comparative outcomes
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.