Band 8a Senior Applied Psychologist. 0.3 WTE - Part Time hours available, we are flexible and will consider variations in hours.
Would also consider band 7 -8a preceptorship
An exciting new role in Physical Health Psychology is now available, due to the growth and development of our service. We are looking for an experienced Senior Clinical /Counselling Psychologist or a newly/recently qualified Clinical or Counselling Psychologist who would like to develop their skills in working across a range of physical health teams and settings. We have developed this role to allow a psychologist to experience the breadth of physical health work, without the need to change roles.
The Black Country Healthcare Physical Health Psychology Service currently operates across 3 geographical areas (Dudley, Wolverhampton and Sandwell and West Birmingham) with a number of contracts in each area. This post will be based in Dudley Stroke and Neuro Service.
You will be working closely with the multi-disciplinary teams working across inpatient and community settings. You will be working alongside a Principal Clinical Psychologist, a small team of Clinical Psychologists and an Assistant Psychologist with support from a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. A robust leadership and supervision structure is in place, alongside operational management.Main duties of the job
Provides highly specialist psychological assessment of clients with highly complex conditions based on the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources, which may include neuropsychological testing.
Responsible for recognising the potential for or signs of client harm, abuse or neglect, including poor clinical practice, reporting all such concerns and taking all reasonable steps to protect the client. Responsible for identifying and reporting concerns regarding the safeguarding of children who may be at risk.
Undertakes risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and provides specialist advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and risk management.
Formulates plans for highly specialist psychological therapy and/or management of clients' mental health conditions based upon an appropriate conceptual framework and evidence-based practice. Negotiates the implementation of such plans with clients and/or their carers
Please see Job description and person spec for full details
Please see document for a list of all of our vacanciesAbout us
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services.
- Specialist learning disability services.
- Mental health services for children and young people.
- Community healthcare services for children, young people and families in Dudley.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, after NHS England and NHS Improvement approved the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Accountable for own professional practice in the delivery of highly specialist psychological care to clients with highly complex mental health or learning disabilities which may include challenging behaviours.
To be compassionate in meeting the needs of clients, their carers and families.
To promote at all times a positive image of people with mental health or learning disabilities.
To promote at all times a positive image of the service and the wider Trust.
In line with the banding of the post and its service context to:
- Exercise supervisory/professional responsibility for other psychological therapists
- Provide leadership in multi-disciplinary training and development
- Provide leadership in service audit and development
- provide leadership in service evaluation and research
- Ensure that a psychological perspective is brought to service redesign and cultural change
For full list please see job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied Psychology (or its equivalent) as accredited by the BPS including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of psychological practice
- HCPC registration as an Applied Psychologist with Chartered Status
- Trained in clinical supervision and the supervision of doctoral trainees
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Working as a qualified applied psychologist within the designated service including a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and a range of clinical severity across a range of care settings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registration with BPS
- Experience of joint working with statutory, voluntary and private sector agencies
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cross Street Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.