Are you a qualified Nurse / Care Practitioner?
Are you passionate about patient care?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work within a supportive team??
If the answer is YES...
then we have an exciting, rare opportunity for a qualified Emergency Nurse/Care Practitioner to join our small friendly well-established team on a permanent basis.Main duties of the job
The service is committed to providing high quality care to our service users and provides staff with an open, friendly, and supportive environment.
All our employees enjoy coming to work and benefit from being part of the team and are respected and recognised by the service users' positive feedback about the service.
We are a well-established forward-thinking and are proud that all our staff are Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision.About us
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff.
We put our staff, our patients, their families, and carers at the centre of our vision.
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and ages.
If you like the idea of this very rare opportunity then APPLY NOW!!!!
You've made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat we look for in a successful candidate:
Registered with the Nurse and Midwifery Council (NMC) or RegisteredParamedic (HCPC). Recognised Nurse Practitioner Qualification or Paramedic Care Practitioner course, which must include minor injuries. Proven history of working in an A& E department or equivalent setting. Experience in autonomous practice specifically in minor injuries. Ability to communicate effectively with patients from all walks of life. Be committed and flexible. Full driving license desirable. In return, we can offer you:
27 to 33 days holiday (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable) High cost living fringe benefit of 5% NHS pension scheme Special Leave for family and personal reasons Paid sick leave NHS Car Lease Scheme Eye Care Vouchers Employee Assistance Programme NHS Discounts Working in a GOOD CQC rated service & trust
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defense against COVID-19.
We are committed to supporting flexible working options for staff, wherever possible, and welcome discussions on flexible working patterns to support our staff to maintain a healthy work life balance.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 1st level Registered Nurse / Registered Paramedic
- Autonomous Nurse / Care Practitioner Training e.g. A33 or equivalent.
- Academic studies (level 2/3 or M) in Minor Injury/Minor Illness modules.
- Teaching & Assessing ENB 998 or equivalent.
- Up to date with BLS training
- Up to date mentorship training
- Up to date in IRMER training.
- Independent non-medical prescriber
- Evidence of further x-ray interpretation training e.g. Red Dot
- Post registration experience
- Have experience of working under Patient Group Directions (PGD's) for the supply of medications.
- Ability to organise the swift flow of patients through the unit safely & effectively.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential risks and incidents.
- Ability to identify staff development needs and conduct peer review.
- Report any faults and maintenance issues promptly to appropriate persons.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Proven post registration experience in an Emergency Department
- Complaints Management.
- Rota / Health Roster Management
- Provide evidence of continuous personal and professional development.
- Demonstrates expert clinical skills.
- The ability to work autonomously, to meet the individual needs of clients from the age of 1 year,
- Has up to date knowledge in safeguarding children and adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients from varied social and cultural backgrounds and have good listening and verbal skills and able to communicate well with children
- The ability to work well within a small team.
- High standard of written / computer skills
- Ability to influence and manage change, including the promotion of evidence-based practice
- Have knowledge of current professional matters in relation to nursing and the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- SystmOne experience or similar systems
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Cheshunt Community Hospital
King Authur Court
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.