Band 7 Critical Care Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Critical Care Senior Sister/Charge Nurse at Wrexham Maelor Hospital. The post holder must demonstrate advanced knowledge, skills and innovative practice in critical care.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have delegated responsibilities and will work with the Matron in delivering nursing services to agreed quality standards, in accordance with agreed activity levels, within budget, and in line with the BCUHB Nursing Policies and Procedures and NMC Code of Practice, professional standards and guidance.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First Level Nurse
- NMC current registration
- Evidence of post registration qualification to a minimum of Diploma level
- Critical Care Course (diploma or degree level)
- Willing to work towards a Nursing Degree, mentoring, teaching and assessing or equivalent
- Management qualification
- Teaching qualification
- Advanced life support
Desirable Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Significant appropriate management experience of acute/critical care nursing at a senior level
- Current relevant professional clinical experience in critical care
- Demonstrate evidence of change management and the successful implementation of innovation and new practice, and quality improvements
- Able to effectively contribute to a team
- Demonstrate understanding of multi-disciplinary team working at senior level
- Able to work independently
- IT skills, e.g. email, MS word, PAS, RADIS, welsh clinical portal, Eroster and safe care
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Effective report writing skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Experienced in sound financial management
- Knowledge of national strategies related to sphere of nursing and current professional issues
- Knowledge of modernisation processes
- Demonstrable qualities that may be beneficial to the role, care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment
- Demonstrate a commitment to working consistently in line with our Organisational Values, and enabling others within the workforce to do so too, as evidenced in day to day work and through discussion at PADR
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- High personal standards of performance and professionalism
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement
- Proven ability to be a self starter, with high personal motivation and the ability to motivate and inspire team players
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Wrexham Maelor Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.